Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Serco Yamaha Introduces Jay Wilson For 2014

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Serco #Yamaha Introduces Jay Wilson For 2014

After a breakout 2013 season, Jay Wilson will join the powerful factory backed Serco Yamaha MX2 team for the 2014 season.

The 19 year old from Tweed Heads, on the Queensland / New South Wales border, had a barnstorming finish to his 2013 season taking the win at the U19 Australian Supercross Championship, the New Zealand MX2 Supercross Championship as well as second place in the MXD class at the MX Nationals, to cement his seat with the most respected and desired team in the MX2 class.

" The move to Serco Yamaha has been on the table for a while and I'm so glad to finally have it announced," Wilson said. "They are the best MX2 team in the pits with amazing bikes and great people in the team.

" I'm also really excited to stay involved with Yamaha. The system they have in place is perfect for riders climbing to the top and my involvement with the GYTR Yamaha team this year means I ready have a strong relationship with Gavin and Michael at Serco as well as Craig and everyone at CDR Yamaha.

" I'm looking for to getting some real time on the new 2014 model YZ250F as the bike is amazing and I can't wait to see what Serco can do with the race bikes. I'm excited with the move to Serco and also the jump to the MX2 class. I can't wait for the new season to come around," Wilson ends.

Team owner Gavin Eales is equally excited about the signing of Wilson and looks forward to seeing him on track in Serco colours next season.

" Jay proved himself in the last half of 2013 that he is serious about his racing and training and as a result, he took his results to another level. Already working within Yamaha, I'm also impressed by his friendly and accommodating personality and he will fit in perfectly with the Serco Yamaha team.

" The signing of Jay also shows the development system Yamaha has in place. Over the past few seasons, we have taken Luke Styke and now Jay Wilson from the GYTR Yamaha program as well as offered guest rides to Luke Arbon and Harley Quinlan, also both previous members of the GYTR team. Both teams work well together and the success of the program continues to grow.

" We see Jay as a talented and hard-working rider who will continue to develop with us in 2014. We are proud to have him on board," Eales ends.

After a long year that just wrapped up with his win in New Zealand, Wilson will now take a well-earned break for a few weeks to recovery from the busy season before jumping back on board and begin preparations for his 2014 MX2 assault with Serco Yamaha.

The 2014 MX Nationals get under on March 30 at Broadford in Victoria where Wilson will partner the previously announced, Luke Clout.

To follow the Serco Yamaha team on @sercoyamaha

Jay Wilson - Rider Profile
Lives: Tweed Heads, NSW
Bike: Yamaha YZ250F
Hobbies: BMX, training
Career Highlights; 2009 World 85cc champion/ 1st 2013 U19 ASX Champion/ 1st New Zealand SX champion / 1st Qld Pro Lites Sunshine State Series champion / 2nd MXD MX Nationals
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.