totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

POSITIVE DEBUT AT JEREZ FOR THE MV AGUSTA REPARTO CORSE

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

POSITIVE DEBUT AT JEREZ FOR THE @MVAGUSTA #REPARTO CORSE – #YAKHNICH MOTORSPORT TEAM

Varese, 27 November 2013 – Following two days of intense work at the Jerez circuit, the official MV
team obtained some highly encouraging technical feedback.
The first day’s work focussed on getting the riders’ riding positions set up just right and making
progress with the initial engine mappings.
On the second day things moved along even faster with a string of practice sessions and, by the time
they were over, the happiest-looking man in the Yakhnich paddock was, without a doubt, Claudio
Corti. The Varese-built Superbike - even with the engine still undergoing preliminary development and
tuning and a chassis set-up that is still not definitive – was lapping at 1’42”9 by the end of testing.
In the Supersport category, both Leonov and Cluzel made several test runs to refine the electronics
set-up. Here too, the F3 engine and chassis set-up are still at the initial development stage but, with
both riders putting in lap times of around 1’45” without really pushing it, they had plenty to smile
regarding the outstanding potential of the 3-cylinder MV.
Claudio Corti: “I’ve never ridden a bike with a front end that gives such great feedback; moreover,
the engine also feels extremely promising. I can’t wait to ride the completed, definitive version of the
bike in the January tests, and I get the feeling we could get good results even in our very first year”.
Jules Cluzel: “We didn’t ride as many laps as we wanted to set up the electronics and get the riding
position right. I’m having to readjust to the Supersport riding style and tyres, but by the end of the
second day I was really starting to enjoy myself and believe the F3 has outstanding potential”.
Vladimir Leonov: “I lost the first day tweaking the riding position as the bike's really small compared
to the R6… But the sensations - with regard to both engine and chassis - were positive right from the
word go. I think we're really going to ratchet up the performance of this bike very quickly indeed”.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.