Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Green And McCormack Return For Active8 Yamaha

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Green And #McCormack Return For @Active8 #Yamaha

The pairing of Josh Green and Tom McCormack will return to spearhead the Active8 Yamaha team's 2014 off-road season campaign after both re-signed contracts with the Yamaha supported team recently.

Both Green and McCormack turned in impressive seasons in 2013 and both are extremely happy to continue under the leadership of ex off- road champion AJ Roberts and on board Yamaha machinery.

Green won the Hattah desert race in 2013 as well as a range of podium positions in the AORC and Finke. Despite offers from rival manufacturers, Green elected to continue his relationship with the team and vows to keep the good results rolling along.

"It's cool to be back with AJ and Active8 Yamaha again for 2014," Green explains. "The team had a really good vibe about it this year and with AJ stepping down from racing, a team mechanic added and Yamaha's new YZ models, it's going to be a great year for myself and the team."

McCormack was the big improver in 2013, finishing on the podium in the ultra-competitive E1 class at the A4DE and right in the heat of the battle in the AORC and Hattah. The Byron Bay resident will again be YZ250F mounted and after sampling the new 2014 YZ250F recently, he can't wait to get the new season under way.

McCormack will also race the Finke desert race on a YZ450F later in the year.

"2013 was my first year working within a team. I learned a lot from both AJ and Greeny and my riding made some big gains. This year, I have set my goals even higher and with the team we now have in place, the ball is in my court to make those results happen and I will do all I can to put the team up on the podium in 2014," McCormack ends.

2014 will see team manager AJ Roberts step down from full time racing and spend his time working with the riders and team. He will still compete in selected events but his main focus will be to ensure Active8 Yamaha is a front runner in the Australian Off Road scene.

"I have had a great career racing but now it's the right time to step aside and pass on that knowledge to my riders and give them some advice on how to further their racing. I'm pumped with Josh and Tom returning for 2014 and excited about the changes we have in store for the team. It's onward and upward for us and we will do our best to chase down as many race wins and championships as possible," AJ ends.

The team will again focus on the Australian Off Road Championship(AORC), the Australian 4 Day Enduro as well as high profile events such as the Hattah and Finke desert races. The season gets under way in February with Endurocross before the opening round of the AORC in March.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.