Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Wilson Takes Maiden ASX Crown

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Wilson Takes Maiden #ASX Crown

#GYTR Yamaha's Jay Wilson put the finishing touches on a superb Australian Supercross Championship taking second at the final round in Toowoomba and in the process he has won the 2013 Under 19 Australian Supercross Championship on his YZ250F.

Wilson had won the previous four rounds contested and only needed a mature ride in the final round at Toowoomba to secure the points to take his first national championship. He did exactly that and after a strong start in the main event, he maintained a solid second place in the 15 lap final and that was more than enough to secure the championship win.

"I'm so happy that's over and we got the championship,†Wilson said after the race. "It's been three weeks since the last round and it's been like walking on egg shells but we got it done and that's what matters.

"I didn't ride the best tonight, a bit stiff and tight and also most too cautious but I had to keep one eye on the race and the other on the championship and not do anything silly.

"I can't thank the GYTR Yamaha team enough. They have been right behind me all year and they continue to provide me with the best bikes and support so it's nice to win this championship for them as much as it is for me.â€

Yamaha Junior Racing rider Wilson Todd made it a near perfect night for the Yamaha YZ250F taking the win in the Junior Lites event. Todd took the lead right from the get go and won the race comfortably.

It was also the final event for the current generation YZ250F and its swan song was the championship victories of Luke Styke in the Pro Lites win, Jay Wilson taking the Under 19 division while Wilson Todd claimed the final round win in the junior category.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.