Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Yamaha Racing Wrap Up FX600 Championship

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Yamaha #Racing Wrap Up #FX600 Championship

Yamaha Racing claimed the final championship on offer at the last round of the Australasian FX Superbike held over the weekend. Rick Olson's success in the FX600cc class made it a clean sweep on all the silverware available in the 2013 championship and has bought to end a dominate year for YRT.

With Broc Parkes already taking the Superbike championship, Kevin Curtain winning the Formula Oz division, it was up to Rick Olson and Cru Halliday to sort out the victor in the FX600cc class and YRT to make it three wins from the three championships contested.

Olson entered the final round on his Yamaha R6 with a comfortable points' buffer over his team mate, Cru Halliday, and only needed to finish the four races to lock down the championship win. Olson finished the day in second place after a tight battle with Halliday, with only a point separating the pair at the end of the round.

"It was good to get the championship done with a race to spare and just enjoy racing without any pressure. Cru rode really well today and congratulations to him for the round win.

"A huge thanks to my Yamaha Racing with Ipone team for the effort and support throughout the year and it was a great way to finish with both of their riders on the podium for the round and the championship," Olson ends.

Halliday claimed the round win at Sydney Motorsport Park. Unfortunately for Cru, it was too little, too late and he was forced to settle for second in the championship.

"Today went pretty well with Rick and I having some great races. I was able to get the win today and finish the season on a high which is good.

"Congratulations to Rick on his championship win and his great season. He deserved his win and rode well all year.

"The Yamaha Racing with Yamalube team has been awesome all year and the Yamaha R6 is a great bike. Thank you to everyone on the team for their help."

That concludes Yamaha's road racing commitments for season 2013.

FX Superbike Championships- Final Round
FX600cc
1st Cru Halliday – 77.5 (Yamaha Racing with Yamalube)
2nd Rick Olson – 77 (Yamaha Racing with Ipone)
3rd Callum Spriggs – 71

Championship Standings
1st Rick Olson – 421 (Yamaha Racing with Ipone)
2nd Cru Halliday – 377.5 (Yamaha Racing Yamaha)
3rd Callum Spriggs - 317
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.