totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Motul Pirelli Suzuki's Matt Moss adds Australian Supercross

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Motul @Pirelli #Suzuki's Matt Moss adds #Australian #Supercross Championship to 2013 tally

RACE REPORT
2013 Australian Supercross Championships
Round six - Toowoomba, QLD

Saturday, 16 November 2013

Motul Pirelli Suzuki's Matt Moss clinched the 2013 Australian Supercross Championship tonight in Toowoomba's sixth and final round, adding it to his and the team's Australian Motocross Championship victory earlier this season.

Aboard the 2014 RM-Z450, Moss was at his immaculate best in Queensland, topping timed qualifying, winning his heat race and leading all 20 laps of the main event on his way to the race win and championship after entering the finale five points behind the lead.

It's been a remarkable year for Moss in his maiden full-time campaign in the premier category, sealing both the Supercross and MX Nationals Championships for Suzuki in his return to the Jay Foreman-managed Motul Pirelli Suzuki squad.

"My feeling right now is indescribable," 25-year-old Moss commented. "I just wanted to do my own thing, stay clean and that's exactly what I was able to do. All day long I felt confident, I knew I had to do my job and get a good start in the main, which is how it turned out.

"I'm really thankful to Jay and Jess Foreman, as well as the entire Motul Pirelli Suzuki team - now we need to come back and defend these two number one plates next year!"

It was a Suzuki sweep of the Supercross podium overall as Moss' twin brother Jake claimed second for the round and series, while American Josh Hill salvaged third despite a DNF in the final main event of the season.

Motul Pirelli Suzuki team manager Jay Foreman was proud of Moss' efforts once again, the team making the most of its tight-knit structure across the course of the season.

"This is great," Foreman said. "Matt was never a gamble for me, we've worked together before and won championships together before. Once Matt is in the right place, anything is possible - he's so determined and he's a winner. This result is really incredible for the whole team."

Moss and Suzuki have now won five championships together including the 2008 SX Lites title, 2009 MX and SX Lites titles and both the 2013 MX and SX Open titles.

2013 Australian Supercross Championship
Round six - Toowoomba, QLD

NOTE - There was an official protest lodged after the race, at this point in time the results or the exact circumstances of that protest are not officially known, though it should not have any impact on the Matt Moss's championship title.

SX-Open main event results:
1. Matt MOSS (Motul Pirelli Suzuki)
2. Jake MOSS (Campbell Mining Suzuki)
3. Jay MARMONT
4. Daniel McCOY
5. Lawson BOPPING
6. Hayden MELLROSS
7. Jacob WRIGHT
8. Matt HAWORTH
9. Lewi WOODS (Suzuki)
10. Brett METCALFE

SX-Open championship standings (final):
1. Matt MOSS (Motul Pirelli Suzuki) 123
2. Jake MOSS (Campbell Mining Suzuki) 118
3. Josh HILL (Hart and Huntington/InsureMyRide/DPH Suzuki) 103
4. Jay MARMONT 99
5. Daniel McCOY 99
6. Weston PEICK 83
7. Sam MARTIN (Hart and Huntington/InsureMyRide/DPH Suzuki) 69
8. Lewi WOODS (Suzuki) 54
9. Hayden MELLROSS 51
10. Jacob WRIGHT 51

About SUZUKI
Starting business in 1909 as Suzuki Loom Works, the firm was incorporated in 1920. Since foundation Hamamatsu, Japan, SUZUKI has steadily grown and expanded. During the post-W.W.II period, our motorised bike 'Power free' which earned a good reputation was followed by our 125cc motorcycle 'Colleda', and later by the pioneering 'Suzulight' lightweight car that helped bring Japan's automotive revolution. Each of these was epoch-making in their own right as they were developed and manufactured by optimizing the most advanced technologies of that period.

Today, constantly going forward to meet changing lifestyles, the SUZUKI name is seen on a full range of motorcycles, automobiles, outboard motors and related products such as motorized wheelchairs and industrial equipment. The mark trademark is recognised by people throughout the world as a brand of quality products that offer both reliability and originality. SUZUKI stands behind this global symbol with a sure determination to maintain this confidence in the future as well, never stopping in creating such advanced 'value-packed products'.

For further information on Suzuki products, interested customers should visit their local Suzuki dealer, who can be found through the Dealer Locator on www.suzuki.com.au.

About MOTUL
Motul is a synonymous brand name when it comes to the motorcycle community and their passion for performance and excellence. Riders using Motul synthetic oil, ride their bikes with upmost confidence. They know that the oil they are using in their bikes has a proven pedigree that not only protects engines but also improves performance.  Â

The uniqueness of Motul lubricants is that the oil available on the store shelf is a direct result of Motul's research and development on the racing circuit.

Focused on improving the reliability and performance of lubricants, Motul has remained an industry leader, consistently pioneering many of the most important developments in engine oil history.

1953 - Motul produced the world's first multigrade oil.
1966 - Motul produced the world's first semi synthetic oil.
1971 - Motul produced the world's first 100% synthetic oil with ester.
2004 - Motul produced the world's first double ester technology.

Due to their ability to produce oils that will genuinely endure and protect during the toughest conditions in motor racing whilst also providing extra horsepower, Motul has become a dominant presence in National and International Motorsports. Maintaining this relationship over many decades has come via a commitment to evolve side by side with the engine technology of tomorrow.

For more information on the any of the products in the Motul range, visit www.linkint.com.au or www.motul.com.au.

About PIRELLI
Pirelli Motorcycle Tyres have a long history of outstanding success in a range of racing disciplines.

In 2013 Pirelli Scorpion MX riders won the premier World MX1 World Championship and MX2 World Championship which brings their MX World Championships up to an impressive 60 titles.

In Australia Pirelli has taken out the Motocross Nationals Pro Lites Championship, Under 19s Championship and Pro Open Championship with Matt Moss on the Motul Pirelli Suzuki in 2013.

Pirelli is one of the biggest tyre manufacturers in the world in terms of sales revenue.

Pirelli has been producing motorcycle tyres for over 100 years and is well known in the motorcycling world for their technical precision and their advancements in cutting-edge motorcycle tyre technology.

The Pirelli range caters for all segments of the motorcycling market with performance tyres suited to motocross, enduro, trials, scooter, ATV, cruiser, touring, sport touring, sports and racing bike applications, including the exciting new Diablo Rosso II.

As a reflection of their quality and high performance, Pirelli is used by racing teams around the world including Team Motul Pirelli Suzuki and Raceline Pirelli Suzuki in the Australian Motocross and Supercross Championships. Pirelli is also the exclusive supplier of tyres for the World Superbike Championship.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.