Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

New Honda VFR800F Returns To Evocative VFRs Of The Past

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

New #Honda #VFR800F Returns To Evocative VFRs Of The Past

06 November 2013 - Returning to the evocative look and feel of VFRs of the past, the 2014 Honda VFR800F will capture the hearts of riders with its sharp contemporary looks, overhauled suspension and new technology.

This true all-round motorcycle shares an engine configuration with the RC213V MotoGP machine and the legendary VFR1200F, but has built its own loyal following in riders who appreciate the VFR800F's unique power delivery and adaptable capabilities.

Honda's V4 engine has always been at home encased in the VFR800F's bodywork and for 2014, the 782cc V4-VTEC engine's bottom and mid-range power has been boosted to strike the ideal balance of enjoyable sports riding and easy commuting. The VTEC transition has been softened resulting in smooth, strong and linear power delivery and Honda's Traction Control System (TCS) has been added.

The Pro-Arm single-sided swingarm and the 43mm Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) telescopic fork are completely new and feature stepless spring preload adjustment. The HMAS gas-charged rear shock operates through a Pro-Link suspension linkage with remote spring preload and stepless rebound damping adjustment.

Radial-mount, four-piston front brake callipers are complemented by standard fit ABS ensuring consistent and safe all-weather stopping control. Redesigned wheels enhance the quintessentially VFR twin-spar aluminium beam frame.

Extensive work has gone into making the new VFR800F lighter than its predecessor. Among a host of detail changes, a single exhaust muffler has replaced the dual underseat design of the previous model allowing the 2014 model's kerb weight to be reduced by 10kg.

Echoing the classic VFR design, the styling of the new VFR800F is considerably slimmer in the middle giving the machine a sleek silhouette with crisp, contemporary angles. The VFR-signature headlight shape is updated and now features LED lights, a first for Honda. At the rear, the wide, angular tailpiece offers plenty of room for a pillion and features an LED rear light unit with combined indicators for a clean look.

With Honda's race DNA pumping through its engine, the 2014 VFR800F is in essence an elegant sports touring machine. Reminiscent of VFRs of the past, the new VFR800F will arrive in the second quarter of 2014* in two inspiring colours; Darkness Black Metallic and Victory Red.

See your Honda Dealer for more information, details regarding price will follow in the coming months.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

Re: New Honda VFR800F Returns To Evocative VFRs Of The Past

#2 Unread post by High_Side »

Seems a shame for this thread to not have any pictures...

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#3 Unread post by Hanson »

Moto Lust
ImageImage

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#4 Unread post by jstark47 »

OK, so is this really a softened VTEC VFR, or is it a resurrected gen 5? I've read both on the 'net, wondering what's the real story?
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#5 Unread post by High_Side »

jstark47 wrote:OK, so is this really a softened VTEC VFR, or is it a resurrected gen 5? I've read both on the 'net, wondering what's the real story?
It's a VTEC from what I have read - and it looks like most of that bike made it through to this one too. It's likely a good bike, but without a lot of changes made it will be competing in the market place with over a decades worth of low mileage 6th generation VTEC VFRs that are for sale on the internet.

The thing is that with most VFRs, they seem to be more than the sum of their parts. I hope I get the chance to ride one.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#6 Unread post by HYPERR »

I want a VFR800RR! :?
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Thanks for adding the photos there, I've been swamped with work getting the new 2014's up. Today all the 2014 Suzuki's are up. Tomorrow it's 2014 Zero's, then I can get to the other Hondas (the 2014 Honda's ARE up, but this one I believe is a UK only bike; I haven't had the time to read more on it at the press site).

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Ok, I have the UK press package now, I'll have it all up first thing at 6:30am tomorrow morning for those who can't wait. :D

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Ok, now up on Total Motorcycle. I even got some different photos (all Super HD+ size) and more information. But it's just a UK model for now, which is like the VFR800 (when North America changed to the 1200 the UK got both the new 1200 and kept the 800)...

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... FR800F.htm

Enjoy!

Mike