Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

WATERS JOINS HOPKINS AT TYCO SUZUKI

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

WATERS JOINS #HOPKINS AT @TYCO #SUZUKI

Team Suzuki Press Office – November 5.

Tyco Suzuki has signed double Australian Superbike Champion Josh Waters to the Northern Ireland-based team’s line-up for the 2014 British Superbike Championship.

The former Suzuki racer will join Suzuki MotoGP, WSB and 2011 BSB Championship runner-up John Hopkins aboard GSX-R1000 machinery in the all-new and formidable partnership in Tyco Suzuki livery next season.

Josh Waters:

“I am really happy and excited to be joining Tyco Suzuki for the 2014 season. I’ve spent a lot of years racing with Suzuki in the past, and every year I was with them, they were very successful for me.

“TAS Suzuki is a team I’ve followed for a long time, and it goes without saying, Hector and Philip Neill run a great team. I’m currently back home in Australia, but I can’t wait to start testing the GSX-R1000 Superbike for the 2014 season. I’m looking forward to it already; and partnering John Hopkins in the Tyco Suzuki set-up is an added bonus.”

Philip Neill – Team Manager:

“It’s great to be able to announce our final British Superbike signing for 2014 in Josh Waters, which now leaves us to concentrate on the important task of further-developing the GSX-R1000 Superbike in readiness for testing in the New Year.

“Josh really is the ideal candidate to join us at Tyco Suzuki, having spent seven years racing GSX-R machinery in Australia; in addition to two very successful outings at the Suzuka 8-Hour with Yoshimura Suzuki.

“I have known Josh since 2009 and have looked at a number of options to bring him to British championship. Now that we finally have the opportunity to work together, I’d like to formally welcome him to Tyco Suzuki. I’m confident we haven’t seen the best of Josh and everyone at Tyco Suzuki will be working hard to ensure he has the tools to show exactly what he is capable of in 2014.”

Josh Waters Career Highlights:

2013: Suzuka 8-Hour Pole/ BSB debut/ season-best 4th.
2012: Australian Superbike Champion.
2011: Suzuka 8-Hour runner-up with Yoshimura Suzuki.
2009: Australian Superbike Champion.
2008: Australian Supersport runner-up,
2003: Australian 125GP Champion.
Also: 24 Australian National Dirt Track Titles.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.