Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Danny Kent returns to Red Bull KTM Ajo in 2014

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Danny Kent returns to #RedBull #KTM Ajo in 2014

Reigning Moto3 World Champions and KTM official factory team Red Bull KTM Ajo announce that they have re-signed Danny Kent for the 2014 season. It is a home coming for the 19-year-old British rider who returns to Moto3 and the team run by Aki Ajo after a year in the Moto2 class. Kent competed for the team in 2011 in the final year of 125 cc and in 2012, made his debut in the new Moto3 World Championship to claim his first Grand Prix victories.

A runner-up finish in the 2010 Red Bull Rookies Cup series led to Kent’s signing with Aki Ajo’s line-up where he finished in eleventh overall in the 125 cc class scoring his top result, a fourth place in Jerez and finishing a creditable eleventh overall for the season. Then in 2012 he took wins at Motegi and Valencia and another podium in Assen riding the brand new KTM Moto3 machiner to finish fourth overall in a very competitive field. Kent then moved up to Moto2 and has registered twelfth place finishes at Brno and Sepang.

Red Bull KTM Ajo won the Moto3 World Championship in its debut season with German rider Sandro Cortese. Now Luis Salom goes to the final round in Valencia with a narrow points lead in the 2013 World Championship, a race that will decide the title between three riders all on the KTM Moto3 bike. In 2014 Kent rides with Jack Miller and Karel Hanika for the Red Bull KTM Ajo lineup.

Aki Ajo -Team Manager: "I am very enthusiastic to have Danny Kent onboard for next season, forming an excellent trio with Jack [Miller] and Karel [Hanika]. In 2011 and 2012 I had the chance to work with him, and I am very happy with that experience. With an extra year of racing under his belt, this second opportunity to work with him will be very fruitful for both parties. I am sure that we will understand one another easily from day one and be stronger, so I can’t wait for the first tests in November.

I’m sure that this past year will be very useful for Danny’s performances next year. He has taken good results and has learned a lot. Moto2 is a different category; I am convinced that he will be even stronger in Moto3."

Danny Kent - Rider: "I am very happy to be returning to the Red Bull KTM Ajo team. I think that this is the best opportunity possible. This is a very hard-working group, very professional and always in the fight for wins and titles. I want to make the most of this second spell with the team and finish as high up the order as possible at every race. I can't wait to get started and begin working hard. My collarbone injury is getting better every day, I have more movement, so I think that I will be ready for the first test in November.

Red Bull KTM Ajo are a group of professionals who work very hard, and that is why they have won so much. Their way of working and that of Aki [Ajo] are different to other teams, and I like it. Aki is strict and methodical. I want to make the most of his experience, listening and learning from all the advice that he gives me."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.