Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Motocross legend Jeff Leisk to contest 2014 Troy Bayliss Cla

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Motocross legend Jeff #Leisk to contest 2014 Troy #Bayliss Classic

With just three months remaining until the second annual Troy Bayliss Classic presented by Insure My Ride and MOTO EXPO at Taree Motorcycle Club, Troy Bayliss Events is excited to confirm motocross legend and pioneer of the sport, Jeff Leisk to the rider lineup for the January 18 event.

Leisk was the first Australian rider to ever win a round of the World Motocross Championship and his global achievements, helped pave the way for Australian riders to compete internationally in both motocross and supercross.

A six-time national motocross champion and two-time Mr Motocross winner, Leisk finished runner-up in the World Motocross Championship in 1989.

Leisk, who is the general manager of KTM Australia said he was looking forward to lining up alongside some of Australia best motorcycle racers both past and present.

"It's an honour to be invited to compete in the Troy Bayliss Classic," Leisk said.

"I have enormous respect for Troy and what he has achieved as a racer and now it's cool to be able to race with him and all the boys on dirt!"

The Troy Bayliss Classic brings legends and current all stars of all styles of motorcycle racing together for one historic event.

With 22 riders still to be revealed, event organiser Troy Bayliss said you would not see this caliber of competitors together in one place again.

"It will be great to see Jeff at the Troy Bayliss Classic," Bayliss said. "He will line up against some familiar faces.

"Jeff had an incredible career, he won a 500cc national motocross title at 17, he is a two-time Mr Motorcross Champion and finished runner-up in the World Motocross Championship in his rookie year.

"I am excited to announce another great racer from the 80s, I can't wait to see him in action," Bayliss added.

It was also confirmed that everyone that purchases a ticket online to the Troy Bayliss Classic, will go into the draw to win a double pass into the Serco VIP hospitality tent.

The winners will enjoy the exclusive company of all 36 guest riders plus many more special guests enjoying the hospitality. To enter simply purchase your tickets here before December 1st. PURCHASE TICKETS

The current list of riders confirmed for the Troy Bayliss Classic includes Jeff Leisk, Jason Crump, Stephen Gall, Damian Cudlin, Chris Vermeulen, American Sammy Halbert, Jack Miller, Mick Kirkness, Ant West, Wayne Maxwell, Josh Hook, Jamie Stauffer, Cameron Donald and host Troy Bayliss.

The Troy Bayliss Classic presented by Insure My Ride and MOTO EXPO will also include a number of support categories including Junior Flat Track, ATV's, Sidecars and Senior Flat Track.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.