Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Husqvarna and Stanford 2013 QLD Enduro Champions

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Husqvarna and Stanford 2013 #QLD Enduro Champions

Mount Perry in the South East's Queensland's North Burnett Region hosted the third and final round of 2013 QLD Enduro Championship Series over the weekend. The Championship decider had Stanford looking to secure the title from Yamaha's Tom McCormack with both riders in a tight battle throughout the 2013 series.

The opening day saw competitors tackle the dusty conditions with McCormack taking the win a mere 1.6 seconds ahead of a fast finishing Stanford. Sunday's second round saw some committed racing from Stanford to finish 6.1seconds clear of McCormack taking the round win by 4.6 seconds to claim the 2013 Queensland Enduro title, breaking Yamaha's stranglehold on the events recent history. Third spot on the podium was filled by Husqvarna's Kane Hall.

Lachlan Stanford: "Tom and I came into Mount Perry tied for first place. The tracks were rough and very dusty and the tests were short so there was no room for any mistakes. At the end of the weekend I came out on top with the win just 4 seconds ahead of Tom, so the racing was very tight, like it has been all season.

I would like to thank the Husqvarna Racing Team and our 2013 sponsors, the mechanics and all supporters for the fantastic season. It is good to finish the season with the QLD title."

Results Round 3
Outright
1st Lachlan Stanford (Husqvarna) 49:19.827
2nd Tom McCormack (Yamaha 49:24.447
3rd Kane Hall (Husqvarna) 50:14.673

Championship
Outright
1st Lachlan Stanford (Husqvarna) 72 points
2nd Tom McCormack (Yamaha) 69 points
3rd Kane Hall (Husqvarna) 55 points
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.