Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Smith ends Superstock 600 season in style

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Smith ends #Superstock 600 season in style

Former #Moto2 #rider Kyle Smith ended his season on the ultimate high-note by taking his Honda CBR600RR to victory in last weekend’s final round of the 2013 FIM Superstock 600 European championship at Jerez in Spain.

It was almost a home race for the UK-born Smith, who has lived in Spain since the age of seven and who joined the Agro-On Racedays Honda team as a guest rider after splitting with the Avinta Blusens Moto2 team mid-season.

After qualifying in fourth place at Jerez, Smith got a superb start in Saturday’s race, leading into the first right-hander. He was never headed and crossed the line 0.3s ahead of second-placed Franco Morbidelli, who secured the series title that was won a year ago by Pata Honda World Supersport rider Michael van der Mark.

Smith’s Agro-On Racedays Honda team-mate, Lukas Wimmer, finished in 18th place on his first visit to the 4.423km Jerez circuit in southern Spain.

“It was the perfect way to finish what’s been quite a difficult season,” said Smith afterwards. “I rode at Nurburgring as a guest rider for the Agro-On Racedays Honda team, who have been fantastic to work with.”

“I managed to finish that race in sixth place,” continued the 22-year-old, “and then got seventh at Magny-Cours, but to win the last race of the year in Spain is just a dream for me.”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.