totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Motul Pirelli Suzuki remain in Supercross title contention f

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Motul #Pirelli Suzuki remain in #Supercross title contention following Phillip Island

Motul Pirelli Suzuki's Matt Moss will enter next month's Australian Supercross Championship finale in contention for the premier SX-Open title, following a mixed weekend of results at last weekend's Phillip Island round alongside the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix.

The double-header weekend was a challenging one for new national motocross champion Moss aboard the Suzuki RM-Z450, hampered by a major multi-bike start crash during Saturday's round four main event - costing him vital championship points in the process.

Moss was again in fine form throughout qualifying and went on to win his heat race in the fourth round, however the first lap incident put him three laps down after he pitted to repair damage sustained in the fall. In typical Moss fashion, the 25-year-old soldiered on to score points with an 11th place finish at the conclusion of the 20-lap affair.

Sunday saw Moss top qualifying and win his heat race convincingly once again, before he went on to finish second in the main event behind American Josh Hill. The podium trio including Hill, Moss and teenage rookie Sam Martin were all Suzuki-mounted in a remarkable result for the RM-Z450 on the biggest stage of the year.

"The weekend started really good on Saturday, until the final when I was really unlucky off the start," Moss reflected. "The bike was pretty badly damaged in the fall so I had to pull in and get it fixed, so I ended up three laps down. We got some points though, which is important in such a short series.

"Sunday was better, I was able to qualify first and then won my heat again, but I didn't get the best of starts in the main. I struggled for much of the moto, couldn't find my groove to be honest, but second was good and it keeps us in the hunt for the championship. It was also obviously really good to see the three Suzuki's on the podium."

The result now sees Moss enter Toowoomba's final round on 16 November with a five-point deficit in the title race behind Hill, while the ever-consistent Jake Moss currently makes it three RM-Z450's in the championship standings top three overall.

2013 Australian Supercross Championship
Rounds four and five - Phillip Island, VIC

Round four SX-Open main event results:

1. Weston PEICK
2. Josh HILL (Suzuki)
3. Brett METCALFE
4. Jake MOSS (Suzuki)
5. Jay MARMONT
6. Sam MARTIN (Suzuki)
7. Daniel McCOY
8. Hayden MELLROSS
9. Lewis WOODS (Suzuki)
10. Jacob WRIGHT
11. Matt MOSS (Motul Pirelli Suzuki)

Round five SX-Open main event results:

1. Josh HILL (Suzuki)
2. Matt MOSS (Motul Pirelli Suzuki)
3. Sam MARTIN (Suzuki)
4. Daniel McCOY
5. Jake MOSS (Suzuki)
6. Jay MARMONT
7. Jacob WRIGHT
8. Lewis WOODS (Suzuki)
9. Hayden MELLROSS
10. Callum DICKSON

SX-Open championship standings (after five of six rounds):

1. Josh HILL (Suzuki) 103
2. Matt MOSS (Motul Pirelli Suzuki) 98
3. Jake MOSS (Suzuki) 96
4. Weston PEICK 83
5. Daniel McCOY 81
6. Jay MARMONT 79
7. Sam MARTIN (Suzuki) 69
8. Lewis WOODS (Suzuki) 42
9. Kade MOSIG 40
10. Jacob WRIGHT 37

About SUZUKI
Formed as a weaving loom manufacturer in 1909, Suzuki Motor Corporation of Japan started producing motorcycles in 1952.

Suzuki is an established brand in the Australian market, as the third-highest selling motorcycle brand.

For further information on Suzuki products, interested customers should visit their local Suzuki dealer, who can be found through the Dealer Locator on www.suzuki.com.au.

About MOTUL
Motul is a synonymous brand name when it comes to the motorcycle community and their passion for performance and excellence. Riders using Motul synthetic oil, ride their bikes with upmost confidence. They know that the oil they are using in their bikes has a proven pedigree that not only protects engines but also improves performance.

The uniqueness of Motul lubricants is that the oil available on the store shelf is a direct result of Motul's research and development on the racing circuit.

Focused on improving the reliability and performance of lubricants, Motul has remained an industry leader, consistently pioneering many of the most important developments in engine oil history.

1953 - Motul produced the world's first multigrade oil.
1966 - Motul produced the world's first semi synthetic oil.
1971 - Motul produced the world's first 100% synthetic oil with ester.
2004 - Motul produced the world's first double ester technology.

Due to their ability to produce oils that will genuinely endure and protect during the toughest conditions in motor racing whilst also providing extra horsepower, Motul has become a dominant presence in National and International Motorsports. Maintaining this relationship over many decades has come via a commitment to evolve side by side with the engine technology of tomorrow.

About PIRELLI
Pirelli Motorcycle Tyres have a long history of outstanding success in a range of racing disciplines.

In 2011 Pirelli Scorpion MX riders won the premier World MX1 World Championship and MX2 World Championship which brings their MX World Championships up to an impressive 56 titles.

In Australia Pirelli has taken out the Motocross Nationals Pro Lites Championship and Under 19s Championship in 2011, as well as winning the 2011 Australian Four Day Enduro.

Pirelli is one of the biggest tyre manufacturers in the world in terms of sales revenue.

Pirelli has been producing motorcycle tyres for over 100 years and is well known in the motorcycling world for their technical precision and their advancements in cutting-edge motorcycle tyre technology.

The Pirelli range caters for all segments of the motorcycling market with performance tyres suited to motocross, enduro, trials, scooter, ATV, cruiser, touring, sport touring, sports and racing bike applications, including the exciting new Diablo Rosso II.

As a reflection of their quality and high performance, Pirelli is used by racing teams around the world including Team Motul Pirelli Suzuki and Raceline Pirelli Suzuki in the Australian Motocross and Supercross Championships. Pirelli is also the exclusive supplier of tyres for the World Superbike Championship.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.