Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

SUZUKI 1-2-3 AT PHILLIP ISLAND SX

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#SUZUKI 1-2-3 AT PHILLIP ISLAND SX

Team Suzuki Press Office – October 23.

Motul Pirelli Suzuki’s Matt Moss will enter next month’s Australian Supercross Championship finale in contention for the premier SX-Open title after the weekend’s Phillip Island event where Suzuki’s RM-Z450 finished one-two-three in Sunday’s race.

The double-header weekend, run alongside the Australian MotoGP event, was a challenging one for new national motocross champion Moss aboard the Suzuki RM-Z450, hampered by a major multi-bike start crash during Saturday’s fourth-round Main Event that cost him vital championship points in the process.

Moss was again in fine form throughout qualifying and went on to win his heat race in the fourth round, although the first-lap incident put him three laps down after he pitted to repair damage sustained in the fall. In typical Moss fashion, the 25-year-old soldiered-on to score points with an 11th-placed finish at the conclusion of the 20-lap race.

Sunday saw Moss top qualifying and win his heat race convincingly once again, before he went on to finish second in the Main Event behind American Josh Hill. The podium trio including Hill, Moss and teenage rookie Sam Martin were all Suzuki-mounted in a remarkable result for the RM-Z450 on the biggest stage of the year.

Said Moss: “The weekend started really good on Saturday, until the final when I was really unlucky off the start. The bike was pretty badly damaged in the fall so I had to pull-in and get it fixed, so I ended up three laps down. We got some points though, which is important in such a short series.

“Sunday was better, I was able to qualify first and then won my heat again, but I didn’t get the best of starts in the Main. I struggled for much of the moto, couldn’t find my groove to be honest, but second was good and it keeps us in the hunt for the championship. It was also obviously really good to see the three Suzuki’s on the podium.”

The result now sees Moss enter Toowoomba’s final round on November 16th with a five-point deficit in the title race behind Hill, while the ever-consistent Jake Moss currently makes it three RM-Z450’s in the championship standings top-three overall.

SX-Open Main Event Results – Round 4:

1. Weston PEICK
2. Josh HILL (Suzuki)
3. Brett METCALFE
4. Jake MOSS (Suzuki)
5. Jay MARMONT
6. Sam MARTIN (Suzuki)
7. Daniel McCOY
8. Hayden MELLROSS
9. Lewis WOODS (Suzuki)
10. Jacob WRIGHT
11. Matt MOSS (Motul Pirelli Suzuki)

SX-Open Main Event Results – Round 5:

1. Josh HILL (Suzuki)
2. Matt MOSS (Motul Pirelli Suzuki)
3. Sam MARTIN (Suzuki)
4. Daniel McCOY
5. Jake MOSS (Suzuki)
6. Jay MARMONT
7. Jacob WRIGHT
8. Lewis WOODS (Suzuki)
9. Hayden MELLROSS
10. Callum DICKSON

SX-Open Championship Standings (after five of six rounds):

1. Josh HILL (Suzuki) 103
2. Matt MOSS (Motul Pirelli Suzuki) 98
3. Jake MOSS (Suzuki) 96
4. Weston PEICK 83
5. Daniel McCOY 81
6. Jay MARMONT 79
7. Sam MARTIN (Suzuki) 69
8. Lewis WOODS (Suzuki) 42
9. Kade MOSIG 40
10. Jacob WRIGHT 37
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.