Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Styke Vows To Fight For ASX Pro Lites Championship

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Styke Vows To Fight For #ASX Pro Lites #Championship

Serco Yamaha's Luke Styke is just five points behind the Pro Lites points' leader after the double header rounds at Phillip Island over the weekend.

Rounds four and five of the Australian Supercross Championship were ran in conjunction with the Moto GP at Phillip Island with Styke overcoming injury and pain to remain in the hunt for his second championship of the year.

Styke claimed second in the opening nights' racing behind US import Gavin Faith. Styke was fighting fit at the beginning of the day but he took a heavy knock to the shoulder during the morning heats and was below 100% when the main event rolled round.

He battled bravely and put in a workmanlike performance to finish second.

Day two and still under an injury cloud, he continued to deal with his dodgy left shoulder. He again won his qualifying heat but was only able to finish fourth in the main event and now sits second overall in the championship with one round to go at Toowoomba.

"The weekend was probably my worst for the year. I felt pretty good going in but I jarred my shoulder heavily in the whoops on Saturday and I just didn't have the strength required to race my bike properly.

"We have a two week break before the final round and my plan is to be back to 100% and fit fight this championship in Toowoomba. It's not over yet," Styke warns.

Team mate Luke Arbon showed excellent form on the track but was shadowed by tough luck all weekend. In a top three position in the Pro Lites final on day one, Arbon suffered a bike issue and had to with draw from the event.

Determined to pick up where he left off on the day previous, Arbon was on form in the heat race leading for several laps and confident of a good result in the final. But as the field charged into the first turn in the main event, Arbon found himself on the ground and picking up his Serco Yamaha YZ250F to re-join the race.

Arbon completed the 15 lap race in 10th. spot and now sits in eighth spot in the series points.

"The results don't show it but I really felt good on the bike. It was probably as good as I have raced since 2011 and it's a shame for myself and the team that I didn't get the results.

"I will continue to put in the hard work all the way until Toowoomba and I'm determined to get on the podium at the final round," Arbon said.

The final round of the Australian Supercross Championship hits the Toowoomba Showground on November 16.

Round Four Results - Phillip Island
Pro Lites
1st Gavin Faith
2nd Luke Styke (Serco Yamaha)
3rd Ryan Marmont

Round Five
1st Gavin Faith
2nd Ryan Marmont
3rd Dylan Long
4th Luke Styke (Serco Yamaha)
10th Luke Arbon (Serco Yamaha)

Championship Standings - After Round Five
1st Gavin Faith - 115
2nd Luke Styke - 110 (Serco Yamaha)
3rd Ryan Marmont - 102
4th Dylan Long - 84
5th Taylor Potter - 70
6th Kayne Lamont - 68
7th Brenden Harrison - 64
8th Luke Arbon - 59 (Serco Yamaha)
9th Nickolas Sutherland - 55
10th Luke Wilson - 47
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.