Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Jay Wilson Dominates Phillip Island ASX Triple Header

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Jay Wilson Dominates Phillip #Island #ASX Triple Header

GYTR Yamaha's Jay Wilson has dominated rounds two, three and four of the Under 19 Australian Supercross Championship, clean sweeping all three rounds contested over a huge weekend of racing.

After winning the opening round at Mt. Gambier a week prior, Wilson entered the Phillip Island event with plenty of confidence and was determined to keep up his good form. He produced a near perfect weekend of racing, winning his heat races and claiming victory in all three main events to secure a 22 point lead in the championship with one round remaining.

"I took the week off after Mt. Gambier to freshen up a bit as I put in a lot of work in the weeks leading up to our opening round and I was a bit sore and flat. The break worked well as I just desperate to race on the weekend.

"The weekend worked out perfectly. My starts were pretty good which makes supercross a lot easier. I put in solid, consistent laps and was able to be up the front at the end of the races. I had a great time and it's good to get the results after the time and effort myself and the team put in."

Yamaha also did well in the Junior Lites racing with Wilson Todd and Nathan Crawford competing on their YZ250F's. The juniors contested two rounds over two days and in a three moto format. Todd completed the first day at Phillip Island in second place with 1-2-5 results. Day two started off rough for the North Queenslander after a big crash in the opening leg. He rebounded well and took the win in the final two races and his 5-1-1 to win the day.

After three rounds, Todd sits in second place in the series, just a handful of points behind.

Nathan Crawford continues to learn and develop as a supercross rider. He took fourth on the opening day at Phillip Island before stepping it up a level the following day and finishing second. His combined points score for the series has him sitting in third with one round remaining.

Toowoomba will host the final round of the ASX on November 16.

ASX - U19 Results
Round two
1st Jay Wilson
2nd Joel Wightman
3rd Corey James

Saturday
1st Jay Wilson
2nd Jake Emanuelli
3rd Corey James

Round Four
1st Jay Wilson
2nd Jake Emanuelli
3rd Joel Wightman
------------------------------
Junior Lites
Round two
1st Brock McCleary
2nd Wilson Todd
3rd Jordan Hill
4th Nathan Crawford

Round Three
1st Wilson Todd
2nd Nathan Crawford
3rd Jordan Hill
------------------------------
Championship Standings - One round remaining
U19
1st Jay Wilson -100 (GYTR Yamaha)
2nd Jake Emanuelli - 78
3rd Joel Wightman -78 (Yamaha)
4th Corey James - 78 (Yamaha)
5th Jake Donaher- 61

Junior Lites (Unofficial)
1st Brock McCleary - 155
2nd Wilson Todd - 151 (YJR)
3rd Nathan Crawford - 140 (YJR)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.