Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Pata Honda looks ahead to SBK 2014

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Pata #Honda looks ahead to #SBK 2014

It was a disappointing end to the 2013 World Superbike championship season for Pata Honda at Jerez today with riders Michel Fabrizio and Leon Haslam struggling with grip and electronics issues.

Fabrizio took a points-scoring finish in race two but Haslam was forced to retire from both 21-lap outings at the 4.423km Jerez circuit in southern Spain. Both races were won by Eugene Laverty but Tom Sykes, by finishing third in race one, secured the 2013 World Superbike championship title.

The Pata Honda team will re-group on Tuesday for a private test at Jerez when regular rider Jonathan Rea is expected to return from injury and the preparation work for the 2014 World Superbike championship season will begin.

Michel Fabrizio

We have had grip level problems all weekend and the disappointing thing is that we were not able to find a solution. This resulted in two very difficult races for me and I am sad that I had to finish the season in this way. I have enjoyed the opportunity to ride the CBR with this team and I wish Jonathan a happy return to the bike on Tuesday.

Leon Haslam

It’s difficult to know what to say, really. It’s been an unbelievably disappointing way to finish what has been a really difficult season. I’m glad to see the back of it to be honest and we’ll try to analyse what happened this weekend so that we can plan to get things in place for 2014.

Pieter Breddels – technical co-ordinator

It has not been a good weekend. Grip levels were low and we know that in these conditions we normally struggle more than our rivals. This time round our performance kind of dropped off a cliff – we weren’t able to fight for anything and all we could do was gather some information. We’ll be testing on Tuesday and it will be interesting to hear Jonathan’s view. We have work to do for next season for sure.

2012 World Superbike championship, final round

Jerez, Spain – 4.423km

Race 1 result (21 laps):

1 Eugene Laverty (IRL) Aprilia

2 Marco Melandri (ITA) BMW

3 Tom Sykes (GBR) Kawasaki

4 Sylvain Guintoli (FRA) Aprilia

5 Toni Elias (ESP) Aprilia

6 Davide Giugliano (ITA) Aprilia

17 Michel Fabrizio (ITA) Pata Honda

DNF Leon Haslam (GBR) Pata Honda

Race 2 result (21 laps):

1 Eugene Laverty (IRL) Aprilia
2Tom Sykes (GBR) Kawasaki

3 Sylvain Guintoli (FRA) Aprilia

4 Toni Elias (ESP) Aprilia

5 Chaz Davies (GBR) BMW

6 Leon Camier (GBR) Suzuki

14 Michel Fabrizio (ITA) Pata Honda

DNF Leon Haslam (GBR) Pata Honda

Final championship points:

1 Sykes 447, 2 Laverty 424, 3 Guintoli 402, 4 Melandri 359, 5 Davies 290, 6 Giugliano 211, 7 Fabrizio 188, 9 Jonathan Rea (GBR) Pata Honda 176, 13 Haslam 91
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.