Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

BROOKES & SUZUKI DOMINATE BRANDS BSB OPENER

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#BROOKES & #SUZUKI DOMINATE #BRANDS BSB OPENER

Team Suzuki Press Office – October 19.

Tyco Suzuki’s Josh Brookes turned his first season Pole Position into a race victory at Brands Hatch in Kent today during the penultimate day of racing of the 2013 British Superbike Championship, as team-mate PJ Jacobsen finished fifth in the opening race of three this weekend.

Brookes, who led from start-to-finish on his GSX-R1000 Superbike to take his third win of the season, said: “It’s a bit of an anti-climax as not being part of the championship-hunt now is disappointing and I don’t take the same pleasure from a wet race win as I do with a dry one. But in saying that, it’s a good time of year to be winning for the sponsors and the team. We still have two more races to come tomorrow, but yeah it’s a good win for Tyco Suzuki.”

Jacobsen said: “It was a really good fifth place in the end after a bad start. Going into turn-one I just eased-up and a couple of people passed me, then I got held up and didn’t get away with Waters and that group. It’s another good top-five and we will try to improve tomorrow.”

Team Manager Philip Neill said: “We came here with the least amount of pressure in terms of the championship. We are here to give this weekend our all, but also to enjoy the experience and that’s exactly what we did today. It’s no secret that the package of the Tyco Suzuki GSX-R1000 and Josh Brookes are seriously-competitive in damp conditions. Once again that proved to be the case, taking pole position, followed by a dominant start-to-finish race win.

“For PJ it was another example of the progression he continues to make in his rookie season on a Superbike. As a young rider who doesn’t carry significant experience with wet-weather riding, his fifth-place was a fine result and another positive indication of the strength of the GSX-R package.”

British Superbike Championship, Brands Hatch, Race 1:

1. Josh Brookes (Tyco Suzuki)
2. Alex Lowes (Samsung Honda) +0.968s
3. Shane Byrne (Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki) +5.709s
4. Josh Waters (Halsall Racing Kawasaki) +16.821s
5. PJ Jacobsen (Tyco Suzuki) +22.890s
6. Tommy Bridewell (Milwaukee Yamaha) +24.345s
7. Chris Walker (Quattro Plant Bournemouth Kawasaki) +25.538s
8. James Westmoreland (Buildbase BMW) +27.731s
9. Lee Costello (Halsall Racing Kawasaki) +29.917s
10. Michael Rutter (Bathams Honda) +30.394s

British Superbike Championship Standings (after Brands Hatch Race 1):

1. Alex Lowes (Samsung Honda) 623
2. Shane Byrne (Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki) 620
3. Josh Brookes (Tyco Suzuki) 571
4. James Ellison (Milwaukee Yamaha) 562
5. James Westmoreland (Buildbase BMW) 542
6. Ryuichi Kiyonari (Samsung Honda) 522
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.