Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Pata Honda riders in Spanish Supersport hunt

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Pata #Honda riders in Spanish #Supersport hunt

Michael van der Mark will start tomorrow’s final 2013 World Supersport championship race from the second row of the grid after setting the sixth fastest time in today’s second qualifying session at Jerez in Spain.

The Dutch rider qualified two places ahead of his Pata Honda team-mate Lorenzo Zanetti, who was eighth fastest today, while recently-crowned world champion Sam Lowes took pole position.

Van der Mark and his crew found an improvement to the setting on his Pata Honda CBR600RR for today’s qualifying session and the 20-year-old is confident of a further step up during warm-up tomorrow to allow him to challenge for a podium finish in the 20-lap race at the 4.423km Jerez circuit.

Zanetti suffered a small crash early in the final qualifying session this afternoon which upset the Italian rider’s rhythm, but the 26-year-old is planning a strong challenge during tomorrow’s race.

Michael van der Mark – P6

To be honest it’s been quite a difficult weekend so far, but this afternoon we made a big, big improvement for qualifying. Immediately I was quite happy with the bike and the race pace is not too bad. I think there are a couple of things we can still improve and we have learned this year that I am not a one-lap wonder. But I’m quite consistent and I think with some small changes for the race we can be near the front.

Lorenzo Zanetti – P8

I am a little frustrated because I started immediately this afternoon with a good lap time compared to this morning and yesterday. We changed the rear tyre for the second outing and immediately I crashed which upset my rhythm and my feeling for the bike. The team fixed the bike and I was able to get close to my best time but, unfortunately I missed the first two rows.

2013 World Supersport championship, round 13 – Jerez, Spain

Final qualifying results:

1 Sam Lowes (GBR) Yamaha 1m43.118s

2 Roberto Rolfo (ITA) MV Agusta 1m43.560s

3 Kenan Sofuoglu (TUR) Kawasaki 1m43.611s

4 Vladimir Leonov (RUS) Yamaha 1m43.674s

5 Christian Iddon (GBR) MV Agusta 1m44.255s

6 Michael van der Mark (NED) Pata Honda 1m44.330s

8 Lorenzo Zanetti (ITA) Pata Honda 1m44.410s
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.