Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Zanetti fourth on day one at Jerez

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Zanetti fourth on day one at #Jerez

Lorenzo Zanetti was fourth in the first qualifying session at Jerez in Spain today in preparation for Sunday’s final round of the 2013 World Supersport championship.

The 26-year-old Italian rider was just 0.6s off a provisional pole start as his Pata Honda World Supersport team-mate Michael van der Mark finished qualifying in seventh place.

The Pata Honda duo were able to improve on the lap times they set during a test at the 4.423km Jerez circuit in southern Spain almost a year ago. However, both riders feel there is more to come in tomorrow's second and final qualifying session ahead of Sunday’s 20-lap finale.

Lorenzo Zanetti - P4

It wasn’t too bad today and we found a good direction early and I have improved my time from the test here. It’s difficult to compare data, though, because I have changed my riding style a lot since then! The track changed a bit this afternoon but this is normal here – when the temperature goes up the grip goes down. We made some set-up improvements and we’ll continue to work towards the race on Sunday.

Michael van der Mark - P7

I was not so happy today. We have a lot of set-up problems and although we changed a lot after this morning’s session, we did not really find a solution. I had a small crash this afternoon but still couldn’t find a good way. Seventh is not where I want to be and we need to be nearer the front. We have some good ideas though so I think we can go faster tomorrow.

Pieter Breddels – technical co-ordinator

Lorenzo has done a good job today. I remember when he first rode the bike here at the end of last season he was still quite a long way from getting used to the Supersport machine, so fourth is really quite impressive for the first day here. Michael is struggling with the settings a little. We started with what worked here during that test but that doesn't work now, so we’ve got a little more work to do yet.

2013 World Supersport championship, round 13 – Jerez, Spain

First qualifying results:

1 Sam Lowes (GBR) Yamaha 1m44.043s

2 Vladimir Leonov (RUS) Yamaha 1m44.269s

3 Kenan Sofuoglu (TUR) Kawasaki 1m44.549s

4 Lorenzo Zanetti (ITA) Pata Honda 1m44.701s

5 Roberto Rolfo (ITA) MV Agusta 1m44.780s

6 Massimo Roccoli (ITA) Yamaha 1m44.907s

7 Michael van der Mark (NED) Pata Honda 1m44.930s
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.