Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Samsung Honda targets title glory at Brands Hatch finale

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Samsung #Honda targets title glory at Brands #Hatch finale

15 October 2013, 08:59

Samsung Honda is preparing for the final round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Brands Hatch this weekend as Alex Lowes bids to secure his maiden title and the fourth BSB crown for the team.

Lowes arrives at the final round just one point adrift of standings leader Shane Byrne and having won two of the four Showdown races, he is feeling confident ahead of the triple-header event. Frenchman Freddy Foray will join Lowes at the season finale, competing once again as a replacement for Ryuichi Kiyonari, who is recovering from a shoulder injury sustained in a training accident.

In the Motorpoint British Supersport Championship Jason O'Halloran is determined to make amends after a double non-point score at Silverstone, despite proving he had the pace to challenge for the team’s first win of the season.

Alex Lowes
I’m feeling good heading to Brands Hatch. I’m sure I’ll be nervous come the races because that’s just normal, but all season we’ve worked so hard to be in this position for the final round and we have as good a chance of winning as anyone. We need to win races at Brands Hatch because that’s going to decide the championship. I have everything in place to do the job now and it’s down to me.

Freddy Foray
I know an injury is always difficult for a rider, so I wish Kiyo all the best. I’m pleased to be back with Samsung Honda in BSB again this weekend and I hope we have a very good finale. I’m looking forward to working with all the team again because now I know the bike better I'm going to enjoy it more and we have three chances in the three races.

Jason O’Halloran
I can’t believe it is the final round already but I’m looking forward to the two races this weekend. I had two fifths when we raced on the Grand Prix circuit earlier in the season but we’ve improved a lot since then and we’ve definitely closed on the lead group and have been consistently pushing for podiums. Silverstone was disappointing and we were in contention for the wins so hopefully we can achieve that at Brands Hatch this weekend because we have worked hard for it!

Havier Beltran – team manager
Brands Hatch is going to be a big weekend for the Samsung Honda team and like Alex said, we have been working hard all season to be in this position to fight for the title. Alex has continued to carry that momentum throughout the Showdown but we all know that we have to maintain that level of performance and beat Shane Byrne if we are going to win the title. We are disappointed that Kiyo in unable to return this weekend but we have Freddy back for a second event and having improved throughout the Silverstone round, we expect to see more from him this weekend. In the Supersport class Jason was desperately unlucky at Silverstone but we have put that behind us and intend on finishing the season on a high.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.