Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Husaberg Factory Riders Excel At ISDE

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Husaberg Factory #Riders Excel At #ISDE

Husaberg Factory riders enjoy winning results at the centennial year of the ISDE in Sardinia.

As winning members of the FIM World Trophy Team and FIM Junior World Trophy, French riders Pela Renet, Loic Larrieu and Mathias Bellino ended their week on the top step of the podium.

Competing in the World Trophy team, Renet delivered a flawless performance throughout the six days of competition to help France successfully defend their title while also placing second overall in the Enduro 2 category.

“It’s an incredible feeling to win the World Trophy team competition again with France,” told Renet following the podium celebrations. “This is my second time as a member of the winning team and it’s amazing to have won.”

After a slow start to his week due to catching other peoples dust, Renet steadily improved as the week progressed. Successfully replacing a damaged radiator on day four, he ended day six as the runner-up in E2.

“Overall it’s been a good week for me. I started ok – due to the dust – and worked hard to reach the front of my class during the week. Generally my race went without any problems aside from day four when a stone put a hole in my radiator. That was a little bit of a nervous moment but I managed to change the radiator without any problems during the service check and stay on time. Ending the week second in the Enduro 2 class and with victory in the World Trophy team competition leaves me with a lot to be pleased about.”

In the Junior World Trophy team the combined efforts of both Larrieu and Bellino greatly contributed to their victory. Despite Sardinia being Larrieu’s first time competing at the ISDE, the young Frenchman excelled beyond his years. Ending his week as the fastest Junior rider in the individual overall standings, he also placed sixth in the E2 category.

“I’m really happy with the outcome of my first ISDE. Winning both the Junior World Trophy competition and the Junior classification is fantastic. We worked incredibly hard for this end result of winning the Junior World Trophy Team,” confirmed Larrieu at the end of day six.

“Generally my race was trouble free. Of course I made a couple of mistakes here and there, but they were not enough to affect my result. I can’t fault my new bike - it worked flawlessly during each day of the race and that really made my job of trying to win a lot easier. Winning three days of the Juniors and then topping it off with second overall in the Enduro 2 class on day six has been a perfect end to my debut season of enduro.”

Joining Larrieu on the top step of the Junior World Trophy podium was Bellino. Hindered early on during the week by dust due to his late starting number, the Husaberg rider gradually worked his way up the standings to end his week as runner-up in the Enduro 3 class.

“It’s been a great week for the French Junior team. We were pushing for the win in almost every special test and that made our job of defending the Junior title a lot easier,” commented Bellino.

“At the beginning of the week it took me a little time to get up to speed and that allowed Larrieu to gain on me slightly, but during the second half of the week I found a faster rhythm and was able to take some day wins.”

Adding to the Husaberg triumph in Sardinia, Manxman Jamie McCanney was the best performing British rider in this year’s ISDE. Finishing 11th overall in the E2 class, the 19-year old helped steer Great Britain to third overall in the Junior World Trophy classification.

Competing in his home race, Italy’s Thomas Oldrati enjoyed a solid performance in Sardinia. Finishing fourth overall in the highly competitive Enduro 1 class he also helped Italy to secure third overall in the World Trophy team competition.

Results – FIM ISDE 2013

FIM World Trophy

1. France – 21:46:39.09

Jeremy Joly (Honda); Johnny Aubert (KTM) E2; Pierre-Alexandre Renet (Husaberg) E2; Fabien Planet (Sherco) E3; Rodrig Thain (Gas Gas) E3; Antoine Meo (KTM) E3

2. United States – 21:59:56.49

Thad Duvall (Honda) E1; Zach Osborne (Honda) E1; Mike Brown (KTM) E3; Kurt Caselli (KTM) E2; Taylor Robert (Kawasaki) E2; Charlie Mullins (KTM) E2

3. Italy – 22:04:07.92

Simone Albergoni (Honda) E1; Thomas Oldrati (Husaberg) E1; Alex Salvini (Honda) E2; Oscar Balletti (KTM) E2; Manuel Monni (KTM) E3; Denny Philippaerts (Beta) E3

FIM Junior World Trophy

1. France – 13:19:05.68

Swan Servajean (Yamaha) E1; Loic Larrieu (Husaberg) E2; Kevin Rohmer (Yamaha) E2; Mathias Bellino (Husaberg) E3

2. Italy – 13:25:41.92

Rudy Moroni (KTM) E1; Giacomo Redondi (KTM) E1; Nicolo Mori (Beta) E2; Gianluca Martini (Beta) E3

3. Great Britain – 13:29:00.77

Steve Holcombe (KTM) E1; Jack Rowland (Husqvarna) E1; Jamie McCanney (Husaberg) E2; Danny McCanney (Gas Gas) E3

Enduro 1

1. Cristobal Guerrero (KTM) 4:24:18.90; 2. Jeremy Joly (Honda) 4:25:39.62; 3. Lorenzo Santolino (Husqvarna) 4:25:56:74; 4. Thomas Oldrati (Husaberg) 4:26:14.25; 5. Giacomo Redondi (KTM) 4:26:54.58…

Enduro 2

1. Daniel Milner (Yamaha) 4:18:04.28; 2. Pierre Alexandre Renet (Husaberg) 4:18:48.60; 3. Johnny Aubert (KTM) 4:19:07.43; 4. Ivan Cervantes (KTM) 4:21.05.95; 5. Taylor Robert (Kawasaki) 4:21.11.37; 6. Loic Larrieu (Husaberg) 4:21:22.16… 11. Jamie McCanney (Husaberg) 4:26:06.53… 19. Jesper Borjesson (Husaberg) 4:34:05.45… 23. Mario Roman (Husaberg) 4:35:01.50

Enduro 3

1. Antoine Meo (KTM) 4:16:21.26; 2. Mathias Bellino (Husaberg) 4:22:37.17; 3. Michael Brown (KTM) 4:23:47.11; 4. Chris Hollis (KTM) 4:24:38.01; 5. Manuel Monni (KTM) 4:24:58.58… 9. Oriol Mena (Husaberg) 4:27:46.63… 14. Christophe Robert (Husaberg) 4:39:06.42…
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.