Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

ASBK stars confirmed for Troy Bayliss Classic

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#ASBK stars confirmed for Troy @Bayliss Classic

Just days after claiming his maiden Australian Superbike Championship, Team Suzuki rider Wayne Maxwell today confirmed he will contest the 2014 Troy Bayliss Classic at Taree Motorcycle Club on Saturday January 18.

Fellow ASBK competitors - Team Honda Racing's Jamie Stauffer and Josh Hook, will also join Maxwell, on the grid.

The trio, who contested last years' inaugural event join Jack Miller, Ant West, Chris Vermeulen, Jason Crump, Sammy Halbert, Cam Donald, 2013 winner Michael Kirkness and host Troy Bayliss in the rider line-up for the 2014 event.

The accomplished road racers, who all started their careers tearing around dirt tracks as juniors, will be aiming for better results at the 2014 event.

"I am really happy to be invited back to the Troy Bayliss Classic," Maxwell said.

"I wasn't happy with my result this year so I am pleased I will be getting another crack at it. It is unfinished business.

"It's shaping up to be another world class field. It's going to be big," Maxwell added.

Event organiser Troy Bayliss is thrilled with the calibre of riders eager to participate in the 2014 event. "I am really excited by the growing interest in this event," Bayliss said.

"We have only announced 10 of the 36 riders. We have a lot of big names still to announce, road and off road racers, current racers and legends

"The quality of Australian riders around the world in all motorcycle disciplines is excellent, the classic brings a lot of them together, it's an enjoyable day that celebrates Motorcycle racing," Bayliss said

Visitors to the Troy Bayliss Classic will be treated to a full day of racing from the legends and all stars, off track entertainment, rider autograph sessions plus a variety of support classes.

Patrons will also be able to purchase an official keepsake and the event will feature a number of trade displays.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.