Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Top Ten Finishes in Race One for Fabrizio and Haslam

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Top Ten Finishes in #Race One for @Fabrizio and @Haslam

Michel Fabrizio FIM Superbike World Championship posted a best race finish of seventh in race one at Magny Cours, on an afternoon when neither planned 23-lap race completed the scheduled full distance.

Photo 01zoomMichel Fabrizio Photo 02zoomMichel Fabrizio
Leon Haslam (Pata Honda World Superbike Team) was one place behind his team-mate Michel in the opening race, as they battled it out in entertaining fashion until the race was halted by a red flag, when a competitor crashed and his machine caught fire on the active track surface.

Both races were won by championship leader and Superpole winner Tom Sykes (Kawasaki). Sylvain Guintoli (Aprilia) and Eugene Laverty (Aprilia) swapped second and third place podium finishes between races, with Guintoli second in race one. Sykes is now 37 points ahead of Laverty with only one round and two points scoring races left to run.

The first race lasted 18-laps today, the second 21-laps before yet another red flag was thrown, when rains caused two of the eventual podium men to fall at the same slippery corner.

Neither Leon nor Michel finished race two, both suffering technical issues that brought a premature end to their weekend; Leon on lap eight and Michel on lap 14. Leon is 13th in the rankings and Michel seventh.

The final round of the championship will take place at Jerez in Spain on 20 October.

Photo 03zoomLeon Haslam Photo 04zoomLeon Haslam
Top Six for Van Der Mark at French Round

Michael van der Mark (Pata Honda World Supersport Team) was the top Honda finisher in the FIM Supersport World Championship at Magny Cours in France, ending up sixth after qualifying in eighth place on the grid. He made a good start and after dropping a couple of places, fought his way back to fourth place for a time, until he had to slow at the end. He remains fourth in the championship with one round to go.

Lorenzo Zanetti (Pata Honda World Supersport Team) was having a strong ride at times in the French race but he took a hard fell at turn five and appeared to have been ruled out of the race results. To the contrary, he restarted Pata Honda and finished seventh, only one place behind his team-mate. In the points, Lorenzo is fifth, nine points behind van der Mark.

The race was shortened to 20 laps, not the planned 22, by a red flag when eventual third place rider Christian Iddon (MV Agusta) fell and his bike lay on the track. The race was won by outgoing world champion Kenan Sofuoglu (Kawasaki) but Sam Lowes (Yamaha) won his first world championship title by finishing second in the race today.

Fast starter Roberto Tamburini (Team Lorini Honda) was a full part of the front running fight for a time but dropped to eighth place at the end, only 14 seconds from the winning rider.

Jack Kennedy (Rivamoto Honda) had a tough qualifying in 20th place after a practice fall but he scored a strong 11th in the race to stay sixth in the overall rankings. Raffaele De Rosa (Team Lorini Honda) was 12th today, and is 19th overall in the points. Ronan Quarmby (PRORACE HONDA) placed 16th in the final results, agonisingly one place from a point after qualifying in the same 16th place on Saturday.

Danny Webb (PTR Honda) found the alterations he and his team made pre-race did not work out on track and he dropped from sixth in qualifying to 17th in the race. Luca Marconi (PTR Honda) was one place behind his PTR team-mate Webb.

Alex Schacht (Racing Team Toth Honda), Balazs Nemeth (Complus SMS Racing Honda) and Imre Toth (Racing Team Toth Honda) filled in the finishing position right behind Marconi, with American rider Corey Alexander (Team Honda PTR) 22nd in his first European adventure. Nacho Calero Perez (Honda PTR) failed to finish.

After the Magny-Cours weekend the 13th and final round of the WSS championship will take place at the Spanish circuit of Jerez, on Sunday October 20.

Leon Haslam (Pata Honda World Superbike Team)
Race result: 8th / DNF Championship position: 13th “We found something wrong and has been for a while on the bike and it transformed it when we sorted the issue. It changed the bike quite rapidly so everything else was a little bit out because of that change. It turned properly and did everything that it should have been doing for the last few rounds in race two. It took a lot of inconsistency out of the bike as well. Starting from 15th wasn’t ideal but, even though our setting didn’t suit the big change we made, I was quickly able to get up to seventh and was catching the guys in front. Yes, we had a technical problem in race but I’m actually really, really happy that we’ve found an important aspect of the bike that has been wrong for many races.” Michel Fabrizio (Pata Honda World Superbike Team)
Race result: 7th / DNF Championship position: 7th “There have been some positives this weekend and I was able to understand a little more the engine brake characteristics of the CBR. I was happy with a second row start after qualifying yesterday. Fifth position for me would have been very difficult but a top ten was OK. In the second race we had a problem and had to stop.” Michael van der Mark (Pata Honda World Supersport Team)
Race result: 6th Championship position: 4th “I had quite a good start and then I got passed and tried to follow them. After six or seven laps I had quite a big drop in the tyres, so I tried to push as hard as possible but I could not get the best pace. Foret passed me and when I followed him I could take more corner speed and stay close to the other riders in front. I am a little bit disappointed because I know I am faster than today. I hope in Jerez we can fight for the podium again.” Lorenzo Zanetti (Pata Honda World Supersport Team)
Race result: 7th Championship position: 5th “I had a big crash trying to go faster because I wanted to finish in third place. I was a bit angry because I think our choice of tyre was not good as Mikey and me had the same issues. I am not sure if the change in temperature made a difference or not, as it got warmer through the race, but almost all of the other riders used the harder tyre. I think we had the pace to stay with the first three riders!” Jack Kennedy (Rivamoto Honda)
Race result: 11th Championship position: 6th “I got an OK start but as always in a Supersport race it breaks up into groups. I could only do so much to get forward so to get to 11th by the end was a good result, from where I started in 20th at least. The main good news today is that I scored decent points but Luca Scassa and Kevin Coghlan only scored a few so I moved up to sixth in the championship.” Danny Webb (PTR Honda)
Race result: 18th Championship position: NA "We had a good qualifying and I felt comfortable at that stage. We tried a few things in the race to make the bike work better over race distance but they did not work and the bike felt completely different. We were struggling in a few areas with it. We have to take the positive from it because we have taken a step in the right direction and in my third ever race on a 600 Supersport bike I did not think I would have qualified sixth."
Photo 03zoomLeon Haslam

World Superbike and World Supersport 2013
Round 13: Magny Cours – France

Superbike Race 1

Rank

Rider (Team)

1 T. SYKES (Kawasaki Racing Team)
2 S. GUINTOLI (Aprilia Racing Team)
3 E. LAVERTY (Aprilia Racing Team)
4 D. GIUGLIANO (Althea Racing)
5 M. MELANDRI (BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK)
6 M. PIRRO (Team Ducati Alstare)
7 M. FABRIZIO (Pata Honda World Superbike)
8 L. HASLAM (Pata Honda World Superbike)

Superbike Race 2

Rank

Rider (Team)

1 T. SYKES (Kawasaki Racing Team)
2 E. LAVERTY (Aprilia Racing Team)
3 S. GUINTOLI (Aprilia Racing Team)
4 D. GIUGLIANO (Althea Racing)
5 C. DAVIES (BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK)
6 V. PHILIPPE (Fixi Crescent Suzuki)
RT M. FABRIZIO (Pata Honda World Superbike)
RT L. HASLAM (Pata Honda World Superbike)

Supersport

Rank

Rider (Team)

1 K. SOFUOGLU (MAHI Racing Team India)
2 S. LOWES (Yakhnich Motorsport)
3 C. IDDON (ParkinGo MV Agusta Corse)
4 F. FORET (MAHI Racing Team India)
5 S. MORAIS (Team Goeleven)
6 M. VD MARK (Pata Honda World Supersport)
7 L. ZANETTI (Pata Honda World Supersport)
8 R. TAMBURINI (Team Lorini)
11 J. KENNEDY (Rivamoto)
12 R. DE ROSA (Team Lorini)
16 R. QUARMBY (Prorace)
17 D. WEBB (PTR Honda)
18 L. MARCONI (PTR Honda)
19 A. SCHACHT (Racing Team Toth)
20 B. NEMETH (Complus SMS Racing)
21 I. TOTH (Racing Team Toth)
22 C. ALEXANDER (Team Honda PTR)
24 E. BLOKHIN (Rivamoto)
RT N. CALERO PEREZ (Honda PTR)
RT L. JOHNSTON (Team Honda PTR)
RT B. WATERS (AARK Racing)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.