Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Morris Wins Battle, Falzon Wins Supersport War

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Morris Wins Battle, @Falzon Wins #Supersport War

Yamaha again dominated the final round of the Australian Superbike Championship in the Supersport (600cc) division with Aaron Morris winning the final round at Phillip Island and Daniel Falzon claiming the 2013 ASBK Supersport Championship.

Falzon, on his Jon Daniels Racing Yamaha R6, carried a 20 point lead into the final round of the championship and was intent in getting the job done at Phillip Island with as little fuss as possible. Knowing that finishing fourth or better in both races would secure the championship for Falzon, he simply did as required and took second and third place finishes finishing third for the round and snaring the 2013 Supersport Championship.

This makes it back to back championships for the YRD supported rider, an amazing achievement considering he was one of the youngest rider to win the Supersport championship and going back to back is an impressive result for Falzon and his team.

"It's hard to believe we have won again," said an emotional Falzon. "At the beginning of the year, I didn't think it would be possible but we kept working at it and the support from the team and all my friends and family got me through.

"I can't thank everyone at Jon Daniels Racing, our team sponsors, Yamaha and YRD and my family enough. They have stood behind me the whole way.

"This is huge!" he ends.

Morris trailed Falzon into the final round on his Maxima Yamaha R6 and knew it would be tough to make up the 20 points in just two races. Morris did all he could getting the maximum 51 points from the weekend taking both race wins and also the bonus point for pole position but it left him seven points short of Falzon and the 2013 championship win.

"I did all I could this week. My goal was to get P1, win both races and whatever happened behind me was out of my control. I'm happy that I was able to do that but we came up short in the championship.

"Congratulations to Daniel on his win. He did what he needed to do and deserved his championship success," Morris explains.

Michael Blair chimed in for second on the day and finished up third in the championship on his Blair Build R6, making it a full Yamaha podium in the Supersport Championship.

"Yamaha has dominated the 600cc class in the ASBK and it is rewarding to see our young riders stepping up and achieve some impressive results," said YRD's John Redding. On behalf of Yamaha Motor Australia congratulations to Daniel, Aaron and Michael on a successful 2013 campaign."

The Yamaha R6 dominated the Supersport class at the ASBK rounds and as a result, won the manufacturers championship by a huge margin.

ASBK - Phillip Island
Supersport - 600cc
1st Aaron Morris - 51 (Yamaha R6)
2nd Michael Blair - 38 (Yamaha R6)
3rd Daniel Falzon -38 (Yamaha R6)

Championship Standings - Final
1st Daniel Falzon - 247 (Yamaha R6)
2nd Aaron Morris - 240 (Yamaha R6)
3rd Michael Blair - 204 (Yamaha R6)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.