Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Podium finish to end the season for Buildbase Honda

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Podium finish to end the season for #Buildbase #Honda

7 October 2013, 12:48

Sunshine and good weather graced the final round of the Maxxis ACU British Motocross Championship at Farleigh Castle as Buildbase Honda ended the season on a high with a podium finish.

Nico Aubin made a welcome return following recent surgery to his elbow and he and team-mate Brad Anderson qualifying second and sixth respectively. The first race of the day saw both riders start well and quickly push their way to the front with Anderson claiming second and Aubin close behind in third come the finish line.

Race two saw another good start from both riders but unfortunately on turn three of the opening lap, their lines collided resulting in Anderson clipping the back of Aubin and going down. By the fourth lap Aubin was in third and he managed to maintain that position until the end of the race. Anderson meanwhile worked his way back through the pack from 16th to finish a strong seventh.

The final race of the day had a dramatic start with Aubin embroiled in a first corner collision with several other riders. He re-mounted but was forced to retire due to pain in his previously injured elbow. It was left up Anderson to perform for the Buildbase Honda team and he did just that, fighting for first place and eventually securing the win with a decent lead.

Anderson's win in the last race was enough to give him second overall on the day and fourth in the championship, just one point off third. Aubin's results in the two opening races enabled him to leapfrog Tanel Leok for fifth in the championship standings.

Dave Thorpe
This weekend has been a positive end to the season. Brad making the podium and taking a race win has given us something to build upon for next season. Nico rode well following his recent operation and secured fifth in the championship.

Brad Anderson
Today has been an up and down day, I got second in the first race and then collided with Aubin on the opening lap of the second one. I recovered well and finish in seventh just behind Snow and Barragan. Then in the last race I got the start and took the race win, so it's a great way to finish the year, with a race win and second overall.

Nico Aubin
Today was always going to be tough after being off the bike due to the operation. I hadn't ridden the bike and was lacking bike fitness but I got a good time in Superpole. The first two races I rode steady and got third in both but was struggling with fitness at the end. In the last race I was hoping to get the start and charge at the front. Unfortunately I crashed in the first turn and landed on my elbow and couldn't go on. I managed to finish fifth in the championship and that is a bonus for me.

Final championship standings

1) Kristian Whatley 400
2) Jonathan Barragan 354
3) Matiss Karro 312
4) Brad Anderson (HON) 311
5) Nico Aubin (HON) 252
6) Tanel Leok 236
7) Gert Krestinov 229
8) Scott Elderfield 223
9) Jamie Law 183
10) Shane Carless 179
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.