Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Pata Honda’s Zanetti confident after day one

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Pata #Honda’s #Zanetti confident after day one

Lorenzo Zanetti took a provisional front row spot in today’s opening qualifying session for Sunday’s penultimate 2013 World Supersport championship race at Magny-Cours in France.

The 26-year-old Italian found a groove in variable weather conditions at the 4.411km circuit to qualify just behind championship protagonists Sam Lowes, who took provisional pole, and last round winner Kenan Sofuoglu.

Zanetti’s team-mate Michael van der Mark, 20, who finished on the podium last time out at Istanbul in Turkey, was seventh fastest today, but the young Dutch ace is confident of further improvement in tomorrow’s final qualifying session.

Lorenzo Zanetti – P3, 1m42.731s

For the first day I am quite happy. It was a little wet this morning and then a bit half-and-half later but I was comfortable. I had a good feeling in the dry, too, and when we put in the softer tyre the result was OK. We are not at lap record pace but the conditions were not so good but it was important to get a good position today in case of rain tomorrow. Race pace is OK but there are a couple of place on the track where I know I can improve.

Michael van der Mark – P7, 1m43.275s

I think we can be quite happy today. The conditions were a little bit so-so this morning but we went out to do a lot of laps and I finished in P3, so that was quite OK. The track is new for me on the Supersport CBR600RR so I need to find the right gears and stuff but qualifying was not too bad in the end. I was quite consistent but I need some more speed for tomorrow.

Pieter Breddels – technical co-ordinator

The weather was a little variable today and the track was wet but drying in the morning. It was dry this afternoon and Lorenzo was near the top of the charts all through the session. Because the weather is a little unstable his third place could be very important. Michael has also been in touch throughout the day but has little problems in the last two splits. There are a couple of things we can improve for tomorrow, but it’s been a pretty good start to the weekend.

2013 World Supersport championship, round 12 – Magny-Cours, France

First qualifying results:

1 Sam Lowes (GBR) Yamaha 1m42.144s

2 Kenan Sofuoglu (TUR) Kawasaki 1m42.531s

3 Lorenzo Zanetti (ITA) Pata Honda 1m42.731s

4 Christian Iddon (GBR) MV Agusta 1m42.950s

5 Vladimir Leonov (RUS) Yamaha 1m43.119s

6 Kevin Coghlan (GBR) Kawasaki 1m43.189s

7 Michael van der Mark (NED) Pata Honda 1m43.275s
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.