Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Team Beta Racks Up More Results!

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Team #Beta Racks Up More Results!

The Factory Beta #race team has been posting some positive results and this past weekend was no different. Starting with the Geico Endurocross held in Ontario, California this past Saturday night, Beta stand-out racer Cody Webb finished in a solid third place on his Stillwell Performance-tuned Beta 300 RR 2 Stroke. The race was less technical than the 2010 Mototrial Champion had hoped for however the final result was very good.

Webb explains his race, "I had issues with the track all day in Ontario, but right before the main event I got my head in the game and pulled together a solid hot lap and gained a huge amount of confidence going into the main. The track was very fast and jumpy with minimal technical sections. I fought hard after the gate dropped and got into the third position where I settled into by the finish. I caught up to the leaders, but with such a simple track it was hard to make up enough time to make any passes by the finish. The bike was awesome and I love being one of the few two strokes out there on the track ripping it up. I was happy with my finish for my return to the series after the broken foot and I'm looking forward to Denver to try and get my first win!"

The very likeable Max Gerston finished in 12th position at the checkers. Not the result he was wanting however happy to make the main and earn some valuable points. Unlike Webb, Gerston campaigns the series on his Beta 350 RR 4 stroke.

"The Ontario track was fast and flowy which suited my 350 well. My heat race went a little sideways when I made a mistake in the matrix and got gorged by the end of my handlebar. After I took a handlebar straight to the chest, it was hard to come back in my heat. I was able to pull myself together and win the LCQ. The main event was painful and tough for me. I got stuck twice and was able to charge back just to get stuck one more time. I ended up 12th, even though I saw an improvement in my riding since Sacramento. I am feeling good and ready for Denver." Gerston explains.

Rounding out the team's weekend was the performance of their newest addition to the team, Ty Cullins. At only 14, Cullins stands almost six feet tall which helped him take the win in the Trialcross class on his Beta Evo 300. Cullins used his Mototrial experience to take the top spot on the podium after a flat tire held him back in the big bike amateur class.

The Beta/Purvines racing team had an amazing weekend sweeping the AMA District 37 event over the weekend. The race premiered two European Scrambles on Saturday with a faster desert-style race on Sunday. Nick Burson won all three events on his Beta 498 RR with teammate Justin Morrow finishing second for a Purvines 1-2 Sweep.

The team's next race will be this weekend at the GXE 8 hour team race in Gorman, California.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.