Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Pata Honda SBK gets to grips with Laguna Seca

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Pata @Honda #SBK gets to grips with #Laguna @Seca

Pata Honda World Superbike riders Leon Haslam and Michel Fabrizio both qualified for tomorrow morning’s Superpole sessions after a changed qualification schedule today at Laguna Seca in the USA.

The 12th round event at the 3.610km circuit near Monterey in California features race one tomorrow (Saturday) at 14.00 local and race two at the same time on Sunday, so one free practice and two qualifying session were held at the circuit today.

Italian Marco Melandri set the fastest time as Haslam and Fabrizio familiarised themselves and their Honda CBR1000RRs with Laguna’s undulating terrain and the iconic Corkscrew chicane.

Leon Haslam – P9

It’s been a good day in the end after we struggled a bit in first qualifying earlier. We couldn’t find the right direction but I think we’ve made some progress now after trying a few electronics changes, as well. We’re definitely getting more stable and I did a good 18-lap run on a race tyre in the final session, setting my fastest time on about lap 14. I’m pretty confident and happy with what we’ve achieved today and we’re not a million miles away from the others. There are still a few things we want to try tomorrow before Superpole so we’ll see what we can figure out.

Michel Fabrizio – P13

It’s my first time at Laguna and the track is absolutely fantastic. I have enjoyed riding it very much today but we have had a few problems getting the bike right for the circuit. The main problem is engine braking but this is something that the guys can work on this evening. Tomorrow I look forward to riding here again and making some more improvements.

Pieter Breddels – technical co-ordinator

It hasn’t been easy for Michel today. He’s still quite new to the bike and it’s his first time at the track. We’ve made some progress today but we need to improve tomorrow to get into the top ten. Leon struggled a little earlier to find the right setting as he found his way round. He made quite a step in his last run though and we’re in touch now. Because the track is short, the times are very close, so just a couple of tenths can lift you higher.

2013 World Superbike championship, round 12 – Laguna Seca, USA

Friday qualifying results:

1 Marco Melandri (ITA) BMW 1m23.775s

2 Nicolo Canepa (ITA) Ducati 1m23.938s

3 Tom Sykes (GBR) Kawasaki 1m24.153s

4 Sylvain Guintoli (FRA) Aprilia 1m24.303s

5 Chaz Davies (GBR) BMW 1m24.334s

6 Danny Eslick (USA) Suzuki 1m24.345

7 Davide Giugliano (ITA) Aprilia 1m24.373s

8 Eugene Laverty (IRL) Aprilia 1m24.394s

9 Leon Haslam (GBR) Pata Honda 1m24.592s

13 Michel Fabrizio (ITA) Pata Honda 1m25.010s
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.