Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Yamaha Return to Spain for the Gran Premio Iveco de Aragon

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Yamaha Return to #Spain for the Gran Premio #Iveco de Aragon

Fresh from two consecutive race victories in Silverstone and Misano, the Yamaha Factory Racing Team are now returning to Spain for the third ‘home’ race of the year for defending world champion Jorge Lorenzo, the Gran Premio Iveco de Aragon at the Motorland circuit in Aragon.

Lorenzo has yet to take a victory at the track, scoring a third place podium in 2011 and improving to finish second last year. Fresh from his two consecutive race wins, the reigning world champion is aiming to take a third win as he fights to retain his title.

Teammate Valentino Rossi has yet to be on podium at Aragon, scoring a highest place finish of sixth in 2010, his last visit to Aragon on a Yamaha. The Italian will be looking to make the most of an improved bike set up following the recent Misano test to claim his first Aragon podium finish.

Situated in hills near the town of Alcaniz, Aragon is a relatively new circuit to the calendar having completed construction in time to host its first Grand Prix race in 2010. The Hermann Tilke designed circuit is 5.077km in length with an impressive straight that runs for just under a kilometre. There are plenty of elevation changes through the first series of turns and a wide track for overtaking opportunities.

Jorge Lorenzo

“I’m really looking forward to going to Aragon because in that track we did a very good test before the Assen Grand Prix. In those tests we were the fastest and now we have an even better bike. I'm looking forward to getting to know our new level at the circuit. I feel very good physically and also the last Misano test went very well for us, so I'm going to Aragon feeling positive.”

Valentino Rossi

“After doing a test, I am always very curious to go to the next race. The Misano test was very positive. We improved various aspects so I want to see if we are able to make a further step on race. My goal is always to fight with Jorge, Dani and Marc. In recent tests done at Aragon, Jorge and I made good times with the M1. The bike worked well so we are eager to go on to this circuit.”

Wilco Zeelenberg - Yamaha Factory Racing Team Manager

“Motorland has always been a challenge for us the last couple of years but after winning the last two races it is a great motivation to go there and find the secrets from Aragon. When we tested there we went in the right way so let’s see what we can deliver there. Jorge is now in a very good shape and the bike is also improved a lot. Our motivation is not the problem but the secret of the track is always difficult to be achieved. Let’s go to find it out!”
Massimo Meregalli - Yamaha Factory Racing Team Director

“We're going to Aragon with great expectations. We made two good private tests and the last one at Misano gave satisfactory results. Aragon has never been one of our best tracks but what we found during the last test there was very positive. Both riders were very strong and that is why we want to continue the positive series of races and reduce the gap between Jorge and Marquez.”

2013 MotoGP Spain

Motorland Aragon 25/09/2013

Circuit Length:

Fastest Lap Ever:
1'48.451
(Casey Stoner, 18-9-2011)

Last Years Winner:
Daniel Pedrosa
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.