Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Red Bull KTM Ajo sign Karel Hanika for 2014

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#RedBull #KTM Ajo sign Karel #Hanika for 2014

Red Bull KTM Ajo, the official KTM factory team for the Moto3 World Championship announced on Tuesday that they have signed Czech rider Karel Hanika for the 2014 season. The announcement follows that of the signing of Australian Jack Miller on the eve of the San Marino Grand Prix.

Red Bull KTM Ajo is currently leading the 2013 Moto3 championship with Luis Salom who will move up to Moto2 next season. The team’s blue ribbon credentials are also underlined because it produced the first ever Moto3 world champion in Sandro Cortese in the competition’s debut 2012 season.

Aki Ajo, factory team manager and his lineup are recognized as one of the most successful in the World Championship paddock and were the winning team in the small displacement class in 2008, 2010 and 2012.

Hanika has been the stand out rider in the 2013 edition of the Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup and has secured the title two rounds before the end of competition. He took three wins and four podiums in the 2012 edition of the Rookies Cup and so far has claimed six wins and three seconds in 2013. Born in Brno in 1996 he follows fellow Rookies graduates Danny Kent and Arthur Sissis into the factory team.

Aki Ajo - Team Manager: "We are very happy to bring Karel to Red Bull KTM Ajo. He is a very talented young rider who has had great races in the Red Bull Rookies Cup both this season and last season. It is an honor for Red Bull KTM Ajo to have these young riders coming through, with their desire to work hard and learn after their time in that magnificent competition. I know that Karel is very motivated for next year, and that is the most important thing.”

Karel Hanika: "Moving up to the Moto3 World Championship with Red Bull KTM Ajo is a dream for me. In my opinion this is the best team in the series and a perfect opportunity for me. I have to make the most of this unique chance.”

Hanika joins 18-year-old Miller in the 2014 team lineup. The Australian has looked impressive this season and is frequently up with the leading group of riders. He is currently seventh in the championship standings. Team boss Aki Ajo described Miller as “one of the biggest talents for the future" and said the team was proud to have him racing for them.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.