Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Blazusiak Tops Podium at Ontario EnduroCross

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Blazusiak Tops Podium at #Ontario #EnduroCross

Red Bull KTM Factory rider Taddy Blazusiak of Poland returned to the top of the EnduroCross Championship podium on Saturday night in Rd. 3 of the competition at the Citizens Bank Arena. Ontario, CA, but with FMF/KTM’s Mike Brown and points leader right on his wheel.

Blazusiak and Brown, winner of the first two rounds, dominated their respective heats to easily transfer to the main event.

Blazusiak chose the KTM 250 XC-F for this round saying: “The bike is great and feels much lighter than my previous bike so I can easily maneuver around the track.”

When the gate dropped for the main event, it was Brown who launched off the line first and came around the first corner and into the rock section with the lead. Blazusiak was right behind him in second position. The two teammates pulled away from the rest of the field and began their race long battle. Brown held the lead through the first half of the race before he made a mistake in the firewood section that allowed Blazusiak to close the gap. The next corner, Blazusiak made his pass for the lead.

Brown did not let Blazusiak out of his sight and the two remained close for the remaining laps. When the checkered flag flew, it was Blazusiak who held on for the win with Brown finishing second. Cody Webb rounded out the podium in third.

“It feels so good to be back on top,” commented Blazusiak. “I have been working really hard and I am glad I was able to challenge for the win and take the victory. Mike is a tough competitor and it is good to always have someone push me.”

Brown commented, “I’m glad to be on the podium for my team, but of course, I would rather be on the top step. Taddy and I were close today and there are a lot of races left so I need to work harder to get on the top step and maintain my points lead.”

KTM riders took five of the top ten places in Round 3 of the competition.

Next Event: Denver, CO – October 12, 2013

Overall Results –
1. Taddy Blazusiak – KTM
2. Mike Brown – KTM
3. Cody Webb
4. Taylor Robert
5. Colton Haaker
6. Kyle Redmond – KTM
7. Gary Sutherlin – KTM
8. Cory Graffunder
9. Justin Soule
10. Geoff Aaron – KTM
11. Bobby Prochnau – KTM
12. Max Gersten
13. Wally Palmer

Overall Point Standings –
1. Mike Brown – 72
2. Taddy Blazusiak – 65
3. Taylor Robert – 55
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.