Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

BROOKES ON ROW TWO AT ASSEN BSB

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#BROOKES ON ROW TWO AT #ASSEN BSB

Team Suzuki Press Office - September 21.

Josh Brookes will start tomorrow's opening race of the 2013 British Superbike Championship Showdown from the second row of the grid on his GSX-R1000 after a difficult day of qualifying for the Tyco Suzuki team at Assen in Holland.

And, after showing great consistency on his Assen BSB debut with fourth place in Q1, PJ Jacobsen will start the first BSB race from 18th place after a mechanical issue forced an unexpected retirement from Q2.

Taylor Mackenzie qualified his GSX-R600 in fifth position for today's British Supersport Sprint race, but a clutch problem on the opening lap forced his retirement and the Scottish rider will start Sunday's second race from row 10.

Josh Brookes:

"It's a bit frustrating that we couldn't match our Q2 time in Q3 but we've a few more changes to make for tomorrow's race and a good start should see me away with the leading group."

PJ Jacobsen:

"We'd been having a great build-up to the weekend until the mechanical just before Q2. I'm disappointed but these things happen in racing and I know the boys will have it sorted for tomorrow. I'm enjoying the Assen track on the Superbike so I aim to come through the pack and make a race of it on my GSX-R1000 Superbike."

Taylor Mackenzie:

"On a positive note we've carried through the consistency and speed that we demonstrated at Donington Park. The problem we had could have happened to anyone, so I'm not dwelling on it. The GSX-R600 package is working well for me so my grid position is just a little obstacle that I have to overcome. It should make for a fun race."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"After Q1 with Josh and PJ in P2 and P4 and Taylor posting his best-ever Supersport qualifying with fifth place, today was looking to be very promising, but motorcycle racing has a cruel way of biting back at times. PJ has been strong all weekend and was posting very impressive and consistent lap times - taking into account it's his first time here on a Superbike - and once Josh overcame a few teething problems in the early sessions, he was not far away. He knows what he needs to do tomorrow to strengthen his championship bid.

"Taylor was also unlucky to suffer a mechanical problem in the race after such as strong qualifying. But we've proved the strength of both GSX-R packages today in many areas and if we can have an incident-free Sunday, I'm sure all three riders are capable of some top results."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.