Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Lowes Takes Steps Closer to Title Victory with Turkish Podiu

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Lowes Takes Steps Closer to Title Victory with #Turkish Podium

@Yakhnich #Yamaha World Supersport rider Sam Lowes took his Yamaha YZF-R6 another step closer to the 2013 World Supersport Championship title yesterday with a second place finish at the Turkish round of the series.

Starting from second on the grid, Lowes began yet another intense battle with arch-rival Kenan Sofuoglu, played out over the entire race to the finish line. The young British rider was able to lead the race for 12 laps before countless position changes at the front ended with Sofuoglu as the rider who crossed the finish line first, Lowes just four hundreds of a second behind in second place.

Championship leader Lowes now sits on 205 points, 49 ahead of Sofuoglu with just two rounds remaining. The pair will meet to do battle again on October 6th in Magny Cours, France before heading to the final race of the season in Jerez, Spain on October 20th.

Sam Lowes

“Initially I was sure that I could win the race, but when I saw Kenan’s pace and determination I realised that we would have to hold off on deciding the championship until we get to Magny Cours, he was brilliant in the race. The team and Yamaha did a great job again with the bike and I’m confident we can come out fighting in France!”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.