Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

TEAM SUZUKI PODIUMS AT HIDDEN VALLEY SBK

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

TEAM #SUZUKI PODIUMS AT HIDDEN VALLEY #SBK

Team Suzuki Press Office - September 16.

Team Suzuki's Wayne Maxwell and Robbie Bugden sit first and second in the 2013 Australian Superbike Championship with just one round remaining, following the penultimate weekend of competition at Hidden Valley Raceway in the Northern Territory at the weekend.

Maxwell was fastest in regular qualifying and stormed to Superpole on Saturday afternoon with a blistering new circuit best lap of 1:06.997s aboard the GSX-R1000, while Bugden slotted his GSX-R1000 into second.

On Sunday Maxwell eased his way to a 1.697-second victory in the first 17-lap race of the weekend, while Bugden recovered from an early off-track excursion to finish a fighting fourth. The result marked Maxwell's fifth consecutive race win.

Race two was topped by Maxwell on track; however a 10-second jump-start penalty demoted him to third behind eventual round winner Jamie Stauffer and Bugden, who led the race in its mid-stages.

It was another pivotal weekend for Maxwell in his quest for a maiden Australian Superbike Championship, stretching out a 31-point advantage over Bugden with just two races remaining in the season.

"The conditions were very difficult and I'd never won here at Hidden Valley, so that was the main focus," said Maxwell. "I didn't want to take any big risks in terms of the championship though, so the plan was to play it smart and continue the season that we've had to date.

"To win five races in a row is my best ever; I'm very happy to do that with Suzuki and it was a very special weekend for me. My approach won't change for Phillip Island's final round. It is my home race and of course the main goal is the championship, but it'd be nice to finish the season on top as well."

Bugden was content with third overall on his Team Volvo Group Suzuki, boosting him to second in the series behind Maxwell following another consistent weekend.

"It was an up-and-down weekend," Bugden explained. "I made a mistake on Friday in practice, crashed out and missed that whole session, so we were on the backfoot after that. We had two pretty strong races though, even if I did run off in the first race.

"The showing was better in the second race and I was able to lead for a few laps, but unfortunately we didn't quite have the speed of Wayne this weekend. Still, we're second in the championship now and the aim is to firm-up a Suzuki 1-2 for the season."

The seventh and final round of the 2013 Australian Superbike Championship will be contested at the picturesque Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit in Victoria on October 5-6th.

Superbike Overall Round Results:

1. Jamie STAUFFER 45
2. Wayne MAXWELL (Team Suzuki) 44
3. Robert BUGDEN (Team Volvo Group Suzuki) 37
4. Josh HOOK 34
5. Glenn ALLERTON 33
6. Linden MAGEE 30
7. Beau BEATON (Racers Edge Performance Suzuki) 28
8. Phil LOVETT 24
9. Ben HENRY (Cube Racing Suzuki) 24
10. Cameron BOWMAN 20

Superbike championship Standings (after six of seven rounds):

1. Wayne MAXWELL (Team Suzuki) 224
2. Robert BUGDEN (Team Volvo Group Suzuki) 193
3. Glenn ALLERTON 189
4. Jamie STAUFFER 180
5. Josh HOOK 167
6. Glenn SCOTT 132
7. Linden MAGEE 129
8. Beau BEATON (Racers Edge Performance Suzuki) 127
9. Phil LOVETT 103
10. Ben HENRY (Cube Racing Suzuki) 89
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.