Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Motul Pirelli Suzuki and Moss open Australian Supercross wit

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Motul @Pirelli #Suzuki and Moss open #Australian #Supercross with Darwin sweep

Motul Pirelli Suzuki's recently crowned MX Nationals champion Matt Moss won rounds one and two of the 2013 Australian Supercross Championships at Darwin's Hidden Valley Raceway in the Northern Territory on 14-15 September.

Moss and the Suzuki RM-Z450 were flawless under the hot and humid Top End sunshine, qualifying fastest on Saturday, winning the second heat race of the afternoon and then topping the 15-lap main event with an assertive 4.676-second advantage.

"It feels good," Moss said. "We've got Dan Reardon training us off the bike, my dad coaching us and a great team behind us - the 2014 Suzuki RM-Z450 is the best machine out there. I got my brother Jake to come down from Queensland to ride with me and it's definitely paying off.

"I'm really happy for the guys at Motul Pirelli Suzuki, we're a one rider team this year so there's a lot of pressure on me, but I thank Jay Foreman, Jess, Nathan and the truck driver - this is a real team effort. It's been a tough race in this heat and not being used to it."

Sunday saw a repeat performance from the triple Australian Supercross Lites champion, again leading qualifying, winning his heat race and battling through for the main event victory.

Moss worked his way forward from third in the early laps, remaining composed before taking charge at the front on lap 10 of the 15. From there he accelerated to a comfortable 5.520-second winning margin.

"I saw them tussling a bit, I sort of knew [Kirk] Gibbs was going to make a couple of mistakes, and then [Weston] Peick was pulling away a little bit but I kept my cool," Moss said. "I saw the opening, tried to pass him on the triple and I think that rattled him wondering where I was. Then I pounced to the inside.

"I'd like to thank Motul Pirelli Suzuki, all of our supporters and the Darwin fans for coming out. As I said yesterday, we're a one-man team and we're doing fine. I learnt a lot during Motocross and carried my race craft into Supercross. I'm really happy with this win."

Moss now has a perfect score of 50 points following two of six rounds, eight ahead of Suzuki-mounted twin brother Jake, who finished second on Saturday and third on Sunday.

The Australian Supercross Championships will continue at Mount Gambier in South Australia on Saturday, 12 October.

2013 Australian Supercross Championships
Rounds One and Two - Darwin, NT

SX-Open Round One Results:

1. Matt MOSS (Motul Pirelli Suzuki)
2. Jake MOSS (Campbell Mining Suzuki)
3. Jay MARMONT
4. Josh HILL (Hart and Huntington Insuremyride Suzuki)
5. Lawson BOPPING
6. Daniel McCOY
7. Weston PEICK
8. Kirk GIBBS
9. Kade MOSIG
10. Sam MARTIN (DPH Motorsport)

SX-Open Round Two Results:
1. Matt MOSS (Motul Pirelli Suzuki)
2. Weston PEICK
3. Jake MOSS (Campbell Mining Suzuki)
4. Kirk GIBBS
5. Daniel McCOY
6. Jay MARMONT
7. Kade MOSIG
8. Josh HILL (Hart and Huntington Insuremyride Suzuki)
9. Lawson BOPPING
10.Tim VARE

SX-Open championship standings (after two of six rounds):
1. Matt MOSS (Motul Pirelli Suzuki) 50
2. Jake MOSS (Campbell Mining Suzuki) 42
3. Weston PEICK 36
4. Jay MARMONT 35
5. Kirk GIBBS 31
6. Daniel McCOY 31
7. Josh HILL 31(Hart and Huntington Insuremyride Suzuki)
8. Lawson BOPPING 28
9. Kade MOSIG 26
10. Tim VARE 20

About SUZUKI
Formed as a weaving loom manufacturer in 1909, Suzuki Motor Corporation of Japan started producing motorcycles in 1952.

For further information on Suzuki products, interested customers should visit their local Suzuki dealer, who can be found through the Dealer Locator on www.suzukimotorcycles.com.au.

About MOTUL
Motul is a synonymous brand name when it comes to the motorcycle community and their passion for performance and excellence. Riders using Motul synthetic oil, ride their bikes with upmost confidence. They know that the oil they are using in their bikes has a proven pedigree that not only protects engines but also improves performance.

The uniqueness of Motul lubricants is that the oil available on the store shelf is a direct result of Motul's research and development on the racing circuit.

Focused on improving the reliability and performance of lubricants, Motul has remained an industry leader, consistently pioneering many of the most important developments in engine oil history.

Due to their ability to produce oils that will genuinely endure and protect during the toughest conditions in motor racing whilst also providing extra horsepower, Motul has become a dominant presence in National and International Motorsports. Maintaining this relationship over many decades has come via a commitment to evolve side by side with the engine technology of tomorrow.

Motul is imported and distributed in Australia by Link International. For more information on the any of the products in the Motul range, visit www.linkint.com.au/motul_oils_page.html or www.motul.com.au.

About PIRELLI
Pirelli Motorcycle Tyres have a long history of outstanding success in a range of racing disciplines.

In 2011 Pirelli Scorpion MX riders won the premier World MX1 World Championship and MX2 World Championship which brings their MX World Championships up to an impressive 56 titles.

In Australia Pirelli has taken out the Motocross Nationals Pro Lites Championship and Under 19s Championship in 2011, as well as winning the 2011 Australian Four Day Enduro.

Pirelli is one of the biggest tyre manufacturers in the world in terms of sales revenue.

Pirelli has been producing motorcycle tyres for over 100 years and is well known in the motorcycling world for their technical precision and their advancements in cutting-edge motorcycle tyre technology.

The Pirelli range caters for all segments of the motorcycling market with performance tyres suited to motocross, enduro, trials, scooter, ATV, cruiser, touring, sport touring, sports and racing bike applications, including the exciting new Diablo Rosso II.

As a reflection of their quality and high performance, Pirelli is used by racing teams around the world including Team Motul Pirelli Suzuki and Raceline Pirelli Suzuki in the Australian Motocross and Supercross Championships. Pirelli is also the exclusive supplier of tyres for the World Superbike Championship.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.