Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Yamaha Head to Misano in Confident Mood

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Yamaha Head to #Misano in Confident Mood

Following a short but well-earned one-week break after an intense three consecutive race weekends, Yamaha Factory Racing now head to the Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli for the Grand Prix of San Marino on the 15th September.

Jorge Lorenzo arrives at one of his favourite circuits in confident mood after a stunning victory at Silverstone over Championship rival Marc Marquez.

Lorenzo’s results at the Misano circuit have been consistently impressive, winning for the last two years and taking three consecutive second-place finishes prior to that. He also claims a 250cc win in 2007 meaning he has finished on the podium at Misano every year since 2007.

Valentino Rossi returns to his home race looking forward to riding Misano again on a Yamaha. The nine-time world champion has two premier class MotoGP victories at Misano with Yamaha in 2008 and 2009 and two further podiums, finishing second last year and third in 2010. Situated on the Adriatic coast close to the city of Rimini, the Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli was first constructed in 1972 and was a frequent host to the Italian Grand Prix in the 80s and 90s. A leave of absence came to an end when the race returned in 2007, with Yamaha proving to be the most successful constructor since that year with four of the six race wins and an unbroken podium run.

Jorge Lorenzo

“I feel strong again like I was at Montmeló and Mugello before the crash. The performance at Silverstone was really good, the only weak point there was the top speed compared to our rivals, but at last we achieved a great victory against Marc. I thought it was pretty difficult to beat him when he overtook me but finally I could get the win and it was fantastic. Misano is a track I enjoy a lot and also the Yamaha is comfortable there. My next goal is to fight for the victory once more and think race by race, improving our pace step by step.”

Valentino Rossi

“Misano is next and it is my home Grand Prix and an important weekend. I like the track, I always go fast there, especially with the Yamaha and last year also I was able to do a very good race. In the past I was always on the podium with Yamaha. We will arrive very strong and we will try to do our best.”

Wilco Zeelenberg - Yamaha Factory Racing Team Manager

“After the last round in Silverstone we are of course quite motivated for the next race. Jorge likes Misano a lot; he did great races there in the past. I cannot say that our bike is better or worse than our competitors in Misano because finally last year we took the win and Dani had some problems. The most important thing is that Jorge is fit again and is feeling fine so I expect a great challenge at Misano.”

Massimo Meregalli - Yamaha Factory Racing Team Director

“We are really looking forward to being in Misano. After the Silverstone race we got back a really good perspective and motivation. For me it could be another interesting race and hopefully we can get both riders on the podium. The bike is constantly improving and we are feeling pretty positive. Let’s see on Friday morning when we start the Grand Prix weekend.”

2013 MotoGP San Marino

Misano, San Marino 11/09/2013

Circuit Length:

Fastest Lap Ever:
1'33.138
(Casey Stoner, 4-9-2011)

Last Years Winner:
Jorge Lorenzo
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.