Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Active8 Yamaha Close Out AORC On The Podium

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Active8 #Yamaha Close Out #AORC On The Podium

The Active8 Yamaha off road team finished their 2013 AORC campaign strongly with good performances from all three riders at the final two rounds held in Dungog, NSW over the weekend.

In warm and dusty conditions, Josh Green, Tom McCormack and AJ Roberts acquitted themselves well and finished with plenty of podium finishes for the round and the championship.

Josh Green had an eventful weekend finishing 14th Outright and fifth in the E2 class on Saturday after falling from his bike in the dusty conditions and took a couple of minutes to gather himself. The result left his championship podium in the E2 class in the balance and he needed to rebound well at the final round on Sunday.

To his credit, Green did exactly that and finished the final round fourth Outright and third in class to round out the championship and very credible sixth Outright and third in the E2. It rounds out an impressive season for Green who had success at the Hattah Desert race and podium result at Finke earlier in the year.

"On Saturday I had closed in on the back of Glen Kearney and was in his dust when I made mistake and fell down a small embankment. By the time I got back on the bike and on the trail again I had lost a couple of minutes and was buried even more in the dust.

"But things went better on Sunday and I was able to get a reasonable result and finish out the championship third in class. It's been a busy year for me and with the Active8 Yamaha team we have had a lot of success so I owe AJ and everyone involved a huge thank you."

Tom McCormack also entered the final two rounds in podium contention for the E1 class on his YZ250F. Tom battled hard all weekend to finish fourth in class on Saturday and third on Sunday. When the championship points were tallied, Tom just missed third place in E1, with the DNF at Wedderburn proving costly. He landed in 10th Outright which is still an impressive result for the man from Byron Bay.

"The weekend went pretty well and my goal was to finish on the podium at both the final two rounds and get the podium result in the championship but I came up just short. Still, it's been a great year for me and I have learnt and developed a lot working with the Active8 Yamaha team."

Team Manager, AJ Roberts, was back on the bike for the weekend after missing the past few rounds with injury. In between racing and assisting his riders throughout the weekend, Roberts rounded out the AORC in third place in the E3 class on board his big bore YZ250.

"My plan was to just enjoy the final rounds and grab some bike time while I can. Third is class is a bit of false result given that so many riders were out of the event and all I needed to do was just ride around, but it's better to have a Yamaha on the podium than someone from another brand," AJ explains.

The Active8 Yamaha team now shift their focus to the ISDE starting in late September in Italy. Both Josh Green and Tom McCormack have been selected to represent Australia at the high profile world team event and preparations are well under way.

Round 11 Results
Josh Green: 5th in E2 / 14th Outright
Tom McCormack: 4th in E1 / 10th Outright

Round 12 Results
Josh Green: 3rd in E2 / 4th Outright
Tom McCormack: 3rd in E1 / 8th Outright

Final Standings - AORC
OUTRIGHT

1st Daniel Milner - 268 (CDR Yamaha)
2nd Chris Hollis - 235
3rd Glen Kearney - 198
4th Stefan Merriman - 193 (CDR Yamaha)
5th Jarrod Bewley - 175
6th Josh Green - 174 (Active8 Yamaha)
7th Lachlan Stanford - 144
8th Geoff Braico - 137
9th Scott Keegan - 128
10th Tom McCormack - 126 (Active8 Yamaha)

Class - E1 Final Standings
1st Daniel Milner - 297 (CDR Yamaha)
2nd Glen Kearney - 246
3rd Ben Burrell -210
4th Tom McCormack - 206 (Active8 Yamaha)

Class - E2 Final Standings
1st Chris Hollis - 264
2nd Stefan Merriman - 243 (CDR Yamaha)
3rd Josh Green -210 (Active8 Yamaha)

Class - E3 Final Standings
1st Geoff Braico - 264
2nd Stefan Granquist - 228 (Yamaha)
3rd AJ Roberts - 164 (Active8 Yamaha)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.