Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Courageous Crutchlow ends bruising British Grand Prix in sev

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Courageous @Crutchlow ends bruising #British Grand Prix in seventh

Monster #Yamaha Tech 3 Team rider Cal Crutchlow showed tremendous determination and desire in this afternoon’s British Grand Prix, the home crowd hero racing to a seventh place finish in front of a record attendance at Silverstone.

British teammate Bradley Smith also demonstrated his battling qualities in the 20-lap race to secure ninth position, which was his eighth top 10 finish in 12 appearances on Yamaha’s YZR-M1 machine.

Almost 74,000 British fans were cheering when Crutchlow kick off the race in a decent way from the front row of the grid.

But riding in considerable pain and discomfort after three high-speed crashes in the build-up to today’s action, the 27-year-old was unable to keep himself in contention for the top six, despite producing yet another performance that typifies his fighting spirit and never-give-up attitude.

After defying the pain, Crutchlow still got a rapturous reception from his loyal home crowd, who were appreciative of his efforts to claim a 10th top 10 finish of the season.

Smith kept his challenge for a top 10 position in the overall World Championship standings on course after he was narrowly beaten to eighth place in the closing stages.

The 22-year-old attacked from the off and brilliantly kept Nicky Hayden and Andrea Dovizioso at bay until four laps from the end. Relegated to ninth, Smith mounted a relentless pursuit of American Hayden in the final stages but he couldn’t find a way through and the chequered flag saw him less than 0.2s behind the 2006 MotoGP World Champion.

Cal Crutchlow

Position: 7th - Time: +26.299

“Honestly I’m pleased the weekend is over and at least we finished the race. It certainly wasn’t the easiest race I have ever done and it is disappointing that I couldn’t challenge. But after the crashes I just had no power at all in my right arm and I was also lacking grip at the start when the tyres were cold. Unfortunately that is what happens when you crash three times in a weekend. I didn’t give myself enough time to get laps under the belt to set the bike up properly. The only positive we can take away is that we have been faster than last year. But it’s definitely less than what I hoped for when we arrived at the track on Wednesday. Congratulations though to Jorge, Marc and Dani because they put on an incredible show today and had fantastic speed. I’d have loved to be up there with them and now I’m just looking forward to a few quiet days at home before we go to Misano where I hope to fighting closer to the front again.”
Cal Crutchlow

Bradley Smith Bradley Smith

Position: 9th - Time: +36.119

“I was very pleased with my start and we decided to race with the softer rear tyre option, as we were lacking a bit of grip during the whole weekend. I wanted the sun to come out but unfortunately the temperatures remained cold and after just three laps we already knew that the race would be difficult one. Probably the hard tyre would have been the right choice but we did not have enough time to evaluate it yesterday. We did what we could and even if I didn’t want to finish behind Nicky, I decided it was safer the finish the race after Andrea crashed out just in front of me. All in all it has been a tough weekend but riding in front of nearly 75.000 British here today has been an incredible feeling.”

Herve Poncharal - Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team - Team Manager

“I would like to say I’m happy it’s over because it has been a really tough weekend for the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team. This is a special weekend for both Cal and Bradley and the motivation to do well is maybe sometimes a bit too big. But it seems that Cal has some bad luck here every year. We were hoping after the qualifying that he could fight for the podium but the crash this morning in qualifying did not help to build up his confidence. I believe he was just riding to see the finish line and I’m glad he scored some points and finished the weekend in positive fashion. I really want to thank Cal also this weekend for his bravery. He was pushing all the weekend and he never give up after some big crashes. Bradley also had a strong weekend. Again for nearly the whole race he was battling with Andrea and Nicky and he managed to stay in front of them for many laps, which is not an easy task considering how experienced they are. I’m happy both of them finished their home race and we can prepare for the next challenge in Misano after a very tough period in the Championship.”

2013 MotoGP United Kingdom

Silverstone 01/09/2013

race I
1 Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha ESP 40'52.515
2 Marc Marquez Honda ESP 0'00.081
3 Daniel Pedrosa Honda ESP 0'01.551
4 Valentino Rossi Yamaha ITA 0'13.233
5 Alvaro Bautista Honda ESP 0'13.298
6 Stefan Bradl Honda GER 0'20.227
7 Cal Crutchlow Yamaha GBR 0'26.299
8 Nicky Hayden Ducati USA 0'35.993
9 Bradley Smith Yamaha GBR 0'36.119
10 Aleix Espargaro ART ESP 0'53.196
11 Andrea Iannone Ducati ITA 0'59.058
12 Michele Pirro Ducati ITA 1'00.710
13 Hector Barbera FTR ESP 1'01.690
14 Colin Edwards FTR Kawasaki USA 1'01.843
15 Danilo Petrucci Ioda-Suter ITA 1'08.833

MotoGP World Standing

Rider Standings After Race 12 of 18

1. Marc Marquez Honda ESP 233
2. Daniel Pedrosa Honda ESP 203
3. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha ESP 194
4. Valentino Rossi Yamaha ITA 156
5. Cal Crutchlow Yamaha GBR 136
6. Stefan Bradl Honda GER 113
7. Alvaro Bautista Honda ESP 103
8. Andrea Dovizioso Ducati ITA 96
9. Nicky Hayden Ducati USA 88
10. Aleix Espargaro ART ESP 68
11. Bradley Smith Yamaha GBR 66
12. Michele Pirro Ducati ITA 44
13. Andrea Iannone Ducati ITA 41
14. Colin Edwards FTR Kawasaki USA 27
15. Hector Barbera FTR ESP 27
16. Danilo Petrucci Ioda-Suter ITA 22

Circuit Length:

Temp:

Weather:
Dry

Lap Record:
2'01.941
(Daniel Pedrosa, 1-1-2013)

Fastest Lap Ever:
2'00.691
(Marc Marquez, 1-9-2013)

Last Years Winner:
Jorge Lorenzo

Manufacturer Standings

01/09/2013

1 Honda 271
2 Yamaha 245
3 Ducati 107
4 ART 70
5 FTR 31
6 FTR Kawasaki 27
7 Ioda-Suter 22
8 PBM 3

Team Standings

01/09/2013

1. Repsol Honda Team 436
2. Yamaha Factory Racing MotoGP Team 350
3. Monster Yamaha Tech3 202
4. Ducati Team 184
5. LCR Honda MotoGP 113
6. Go&Fun Honda Gresini 105
7. Power Electronics Aspar 88
8. Pramac Racing Team 85
9. NGM Mobile Forward Racing 34
10. Avintia Blusens 32
11. Came Ioda Racing Project 22
12. Paul Bird Motorsport 10
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.