Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Wilson Barnstorms Home At Coolum

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Wilson Barnstorms Home At #Coolum

#GYTR #Yamaha's Jay Wilson came home with a wet sail to win the final round of MXD competition and claim second in the championship after the 2013 MX Nationals were wrapped up at the Coolum Pines circuit on the Sunshine Coast, over the weekend.

Wilson took thee round win with a victory in the opening moto and then a well-constructed ride to second in the final leg to make it back to back round wins and storm into second place in the final championship standings.

After some tough luck and not so good form at the opening three rounds of the championship, Wilson turned the cornered at the half way point and has motored home with 2-1-2-1-1 results at the final five rounds and re-established himself as an elite racer of the future.

"Today was another good weekend for me and I was able to get the starts I needed and ride my own race in both motos. At the start of the year I wasn't able to do that as my starts were terrible and things just weren't going my way but the team kept encouraging me, I kept working hard at training and things came around and I was able to finish the championship off strongly."

The half way break in the season was pivotal to Wilson as it gave him time to take stock and reassess what his goals were.

"I took a few days off, decided to try and enjoy my racing and lighten up a bit on race day and then set a goal of trying to win the second half of the series," Wilson explains. "It's nice to be able to do that and I have really enjoyed working with the GYTR Yamaha team; they're a great bunch of guys and I owe them a huge thanks as well as my family and sponsors.

"I also want to congratulate Hamish on his championship win. He deserved the success as he barely made a mistake all year and was on the podium every round."

Joel Dinsdale underwent surgery on his hand and thumb and is on the road to recovery. He is expected to be off the bike for at least six weeks.

Round Ten Results - Coolum
MXD
1st Jay Wilson - 67 (GYTR Yamaha)
2nd Hamish Harwood - 65
3rd Caleb Ward - 62
4th Kyle Webster - 54
5th Joel Wightman - 52
6th Jake Emanuelli - 50
7th Corey James - 47
8th Dakota Court - 46
9th Tomas Ravenhorst - 44
10th Dylan Wills - 41

Final Championship Standings
1st Hamish Harwood - 504
2nd Jay Wilson - 453 (GYTR Yamaha)
3rd Jack Simpson - 400
4th Corey James - 383
5th Joel Wightman - 369
6th Jesse Dobson - 353
7th Jake Emanuelli - 329
8th Joel Dinsdale - 325 (GYTR Yamaha)
9th Logan Blackburn - 293
10th Dakota Court - 269
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.