Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

SUZUKI AND MOSS CLINCH AUSTRALIAN MX TITLE

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#SUZUKI AND MOSS CLINCH #AUSTRALIAN MX TITLE

Team Suzuki Press Office - September 2.

Team Motul Pirelli Suzuki's Matt Moss clinched the 2013 MX Nationals, Australian Motocross Championship, at Coolum's season finale on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland on Sunday.

Moss, 25, added the premier MX1 title to his 2009 and 2011 MX2 championships, in what was his return to Australia with Motul Pirelli Suzuki after spending a season in the United States last year.

Moss qualified second and won the opening 30-minute moto of the weekend in convincing fashion, before a calculated ninth in moto two sealed Motul Pirelli Suzuki and the RM-Z450's first MX1 title since 2005 when Daryl Hurley achieved the feat.

"I feel really good," Moss beamed after finishing third overall for the weekend. "I'd just like to thank Motul Pirelli Suzuki, Jay Foreman and the Foreman family. It's such a loving family and we get on so good.

"I'm a happy guy at the moment; we've had such a great year. It was a little bit out of reach at the start, but Jay Foreman turned me around and said, 'you can win this', and we've done exactly that."

Team-mate Cody Cooper was fourth overall at Coolum via a consistent 5-3 scorecard on the second of the Motul Pirelli Suzuki RM-Z450s, finishing in that same position overall for the 2013 season.

"It's been an up and down season, but an enjoyable one all the same," current Kiwi champion Cooper commented. "I really have to thank Motul Pirelli Suzuki for their efforts all year long, as well as congratulate Matt on winning the championship."

Combined, Motul Pirelli Suzuki won five of the 10 rounds contested; Moss taking victory at Broadford, Appin, Swan Hill and Toowoomba, while Cooper claimed the Conondale overall.

Team manager Jay Foreman said the championship came as a result of the team's hard work, combined with Moss' determination to succeed in the sport. After finishing a close runner-up in 2012, victory this year was ultra-special for the entire team.

"We had an awesome day, as the whole year has been," said Foreman. "We had to work our way into it with Matt entering the season under an injury cloud, plus he didn't have a lot of racing last year.

"He's built momentum every week and improved so much. It just shows the maturity Matt has gained in his racing today and it's a great result for the entire team.

"Cody was also very consistent for us today and we congratulate both of the guys on the efforts put forward all season long. It's been an exceptional year for everybody involved."

Team Motul Pirelli Suzuki will now turn its attention to the Australian Supercross Championship, which commences at Darwin's Hidden Valley Raceway alongside the Australian Superbike Championship weekend on September 14-15th.

MX1 overall results:

1. Todd Waters 70
2. Billy Mackenzie 67
3. Matt Moss (Motul Pirelli Suzuki) 61
4. Cody Cooper (Motul Pirelli Suzuki) 57
5. Kirk Gibbs 53
6. Gareth Swanepoel 53
7. Adam Monea 51
8. Jake Moss (Campbell Mining Suzuki) 48
9. Jay Marmont 45
10. Sam Martin (DPH Motorsport) 41

MX1 championship Standings (after 10 of 10 rounds):

1. Matt Moss (Motul Pirelli Suzuki) 643
2. Todd Waters 627
3. Billy Mackenzie 583
4. Cody Cooper (Motul Pirelli Suzuki) 535
5. Kirk Gibbs 528
6. Jake Moss (Campbell Mining Suzuki) 492
7. Jay Marmont 428
8. Adam Monea 427
9. Lawson Bopping 407
10. Sam Martin (DPH Motorsport) 335
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.