Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Lowes Steps Closer to World Supersport Title with Yamaha

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Lowes Steps Closer to World #Supersport Title with #Yamaha

Yakhnich Yamaha World Supersport rider Sam Lowes took another step closer to championship victory today after scoring his fifth win of the season at the Nurburgring circuit in Germany, round ten of the World Supersport Championship.

Lowes made a less than perfect start from pole, his eighth of the season, but recovered well and had pushed his YZF-R6 back into the lead of the race by the third lap. By mid race he had built a comfortable lead over Championship rival Kenan Sofuoglu who then crashed out, allowing Lowes to cruise to his fifth win of 2013.

Teammate Vladimir Leonov was close to joining Lowes on the Nurburgring podium. Having qualified well and started from fourth, Leonov was running in third after Sofuoglu crashed out and a podium finish was on the cards until a technical issue forced him to retire with just four laps remaining, relinquishing third place in the process.

The victory puts Lowes on 185 points, 54 clear of Sofuoglu with four races remaining. Teammate Leonov sits in 12th on 48 points, 3 behind Roberto Rolfo in 11th. The team now move to Istanbul for the next race on 15th September.

Sam Lowes

“I would just like to say I don't like to win a race like that, Kenan was pushing hard and I didn't want to see him crash. Even after what has happened after the last few races I like battling with him. I want to win this championship a lot but I don't want it to hinge on a mistake by him. Racing is racing; I knew that if I stuck to my pace it would be hard for him. I saw the gap get a little bit bigger, then he pushed on and made a mistake. I want to thank my team who gave me a fantastic bike today and thank you to Yamaha for helping out as well. It’s been a great weekend, hopefully I can carry that on for the next few races.”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.