Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Bobryshev Makes it Three in a Row

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Bobryshev Makes it Three in a Row

#Honda World Motocross team's Evgeny Bobryshev sprayed MX1 podium champagne for the third meeting in a row as the strong Russian guided his factory CRF450R to third place at a busy, challenging and popullar Matterley Basin for the British Grand Prix. Clement Desalle won the sixteenth round of seventeen in the FIM Motocross World Championship while Antonio Cairoli was crowned as champion of the premier class for fifth season in a row.

Evgeny BobryshevzoomEvgeny Bobryshev Evgeny BobryshevzoomEvgeny Bobryshev
After two successive years of pleasant sunshine Matterley Basin, the host of the UK round, finally encountered some rain this weekend. While the showers helped soften the ground making the dirt more slippery and thus more technical the climate also cast a chilly, autumn feel to the event until blue skies arrived late in the afternoon.

Bobryshev set a decent pace during practice on Saturday to be among the leaders in both sessions and clearly enjoyed a positive feeling with the track. The qualification heat didn't go so smoothly and damage to his front brake after almost falling on the first corner forced a DNF and a lowly pick in the start gate for Sunday's motos.

777 rallied and against the odds made two pretty decent getaways from his slots. In the first moto he had a lonely ride in fourth position and was unable to get close to the rear wheel of 3rd placed Kevin Strijbos. In the second outing Bobryshev again shifted into the top five and although he lost a battle for third spot to the Belgian, his four-four scorecard was enough for a fourth trophy of 2013 and his third on the bounce since recovering fully from the fallout of his broken leg earlier this season.

Gariboldi Honda's David Philippaerts was a satisfactory seventh in the opening moto but a crash in the second left the former world champion with a painful right femur and he needed a check-up in the medical centre once he found his way back to the paddock.

Max Nagl remains on the sidelines due to a bout of the Epstein-Barr virus and there is some doubt whether the German will reach a sufficient level of fitness to be able to close out the 2013 campaign in Holland in two weeks. In the MX1 championship standings the three key Honda runners still maintain slots in the top ten. Nagl is eighth, just two points ahead of Bobryshev who has been steadily climbing the ranks and missed three of the sixteen rounds held so far, Philippaerts is tenth.

The new Honda European 150 Championship finished at Matterley Basin and Italian teenager Filippo Grigoletto was the inaugural number one in the single-make series with three podium results from the three rounds, including one victory.

After six months, travel to four continents and sixteen stops, the seventeenth and final appointment on the 2013 schedule will take plaace in the sand of Lierop in Holland, close to the German border in two weeks time. Bobryshev, Philippaerts and perhaps Nagl are then expected to wheel their CRF450Rs into the paddock at Talkessel in Germany to represent their countries at the 67th Motocross of Nations on September 29th.

Evgeny BobryshevzoomEvgeny Bobryshev David PhilippaertszoomDavid Philippaerts

MX1
Evgeny Bobryshev:
Race Result: 4th/4th Championship position: 9th“I'm happy because it has been a long time – 2011 – since I've been on the podium three times in a row. I'm pumped. This is really down to the team and the support of all the sponsors. In the second moto I lost a bit of the good feeling with the ground and also some concentration and I couldn't go faster. Kevin passed me on the triple and I have to say I was impressed by that! Anyway, a consistent race and another podium so everything is good.”

2013 FIM MX1 / MX2 World Motocross Championship
Round 16: Matterley Basin – Great Britain

MX1 - Race 1 Result

Rank

Rider (Team)

1 Cairoli, Antonio (KTM)
2 Desalle, Clement (Suzuki)
3 Strijbos, Kevin (Suzuki)
4 Bobryshev, Evgeny (Honda)
5 de Dycker, Ken (KTM)
6 Searle, Tommy (Kawasaki)
7 Philippaerts, David (Honda)
12 Aubin, Nicolas (Honda)
17 Justs, Augusts (Honda)
20 de Reuver, Marc (Honda)
26 Craig, Tony (Honda)

MX1 - Race 2 Result

Rank

Rider (Team)

1 Desalle, Clement (Suzuki)
2 van Horebeek, Jeremy (Kawasaki)
3 Strijbos, Kevin (Suzuki)
4 Bobryshev, Evgeny (Honda)
5 Paulin, Gautier (Kawasaki)
6 de Dycker, Ken (KTM)
12 de Reuver, Marc (Honda)
13 Justs, Augusts (Honda)
14 Craig, Tony (Honda)
24 Aubin, Nicolas (Honda)
25 Philippaerts, David (Honda)

MX2 - Race 1 Result

Rank

Rider (Team)

1 Ferris, Dean (Yamaha)
2 Nicholls, Jake (KTM)
3 Coldenhoff, Glenn (KTM)
4 Ferrandis, Dylan (Kawasaki)
5 Butron, Jose (KTM)
6 Pocock, Mel (Yamaha)
13 Olsen, Stefan Kjer (Honda)
21 Justs, Roberts (Honda)
23 Tombs, Lewis (Honda)
25 Tomita, Toshiki (Honda)
26 Yamamoto, Kei (Honda)

MX2 - Race 2 Result

Rank

Rider (Team)

1 Charlier, Christophe (Yamaha)
2 Febvre, Romain (KTM)
3 Butron, Jose (KTM)
4 Coldenhoff, Glenn (KTM)
5 Tixier, Jordi (KTM)
6 Nicholls, Jake (KTM)
17 Olsen, Stefan Kjer (Honda)
19 Tombs, Lewis (Honda)
22 Yamamoto, Kei (Honda)
23 Tomita, Toshiki (Honda)
27 Justs, Roberts (Honda)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.