Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Broc Parkes In Control At FX Superbikes

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Broc Parkes In Control At FX #Superbikes

Yamaha Racing with Yamalube's Broc Parkes landed on the top step of the podium at round four of the Australian FX Superbike championship was ran at Queensland Raceway over the weekend.

Competing in the premier FX Superbike division on his thundering Yamaha R1, Parkes racked up 1-2-1 results in the three races contested to take the round win and put himself in a commanding position in the championship with two rounds to go.

The win is even more remarkable as he was able to shake off the effects of a big crash during Friday's test session to bounce back strongly over the weekend and take the win.

The round win now sees him 21 points clear of Yamaha stable mate, Kevin Curtain, in the Superbike category and the final two rounds at Sydney's Motorsport Park are set up an exciting finish to the championship.

"Things didn't start out so well,' Parkes shrugs. "I crashed on Friday and while I didn't do any major damage it did put us all under a bit of pressure on the team to get the bike sorted out and for me to get my mind back on the job.

"Fortunately, I was able to turn things around and racing went pretty well. The guys did a great job getting my bike back into shape and I was able to get it done when it mattered."

Yamaha Racing with Yamalube team mate Cru Halliday endured a tough weekend finishing just off the podium in fourth place in the FX600cc category. Halliday finished with 3-5-5 results for fourth overall on the day. He still maintains a strong second place in the championship, 35 points behind class leader Rick Olson.

"I was just a bit off the pace on Sunday and couldn't match it with the guys up the front. I didn't lose too many points and with a few weeks before the next round, I should be back to 100% and ready to go,' Halliday said.

The team now sets their sightings on round five of the championship to be held at Motorsport Park in Sydney in October.

Round Four Results - Queensland Raceway
FX Superbikes
1st Broc Parkes (YRT with Yamalube)
2nd Matthew Walters
3rd Daniel Stauffer

FX600cc
1st Rick Olson (YRT with Ipone)
2nd Mike Jones
3rd Callum Spriggs
4th Cru Halliday (YRT with Yamalube)

Championship Standings - After Round Four
FX Superbikes
1st Broc Parkes - 263 (YRT with Yamalube)
2nd Kevin Curtain -242 (YRT with Ipone)
3rd Rick Olson - 208 (YRT with Ipone)

FX 600cc
1st Rick Olson - 269 (YRT with Ipone)
2nd Cru Halliday - 234 (YRT with Yamalube)
3rd Aiden Wagner - 189
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.