Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Styke Celebrates Championship Victory In Style

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Styke Celebrates Championship #Victory In Style

Luke Styke put the finishing touches on his season of domination in 2013 with another overall victory at round nine of the MX Nationals at Toowoomba's Echo Valley, in the MX2 division.

As reported earlier, his thrilling race one victory was enough to secure the championship for Styke and his Serco Yamaha team with a round to spare. But not content with just winning race one and the championship, Styke was out to win the round and did exactly that as he charged his way to the lead on the opening lap of race two and never looked back.

It was a crushing win from Styke and the perfect example of how his 2013 season has gone.

"From the moment I left the final round at Coolum in 2012, I set out a plan to win the championship this year and it feels awesome to have achieved that goal.

"I surrounded myself with the right people, used the right products and I'm a part of the best MX2 team in Australia so to have everything fall onto place and make it happen in the last half a lap of the first race was unreal.

"Today was really special for me as I had a few of my mates up from up from home, my girlfriend was here as well as my Mum and Tobz, so it was really nice to get it done in front of them. I can't thank everyone enough for their efforts and support this year and the Serco Yamaha team are awesome," Styke ends.

Team owner Gavin Eales was full of praise for his rider.

"Luke has had an amazing year and this championship is a testament to the hard work and commitment he made to himself and to Serco Yamaha in late 2012.

"I couldn't be prouder of him and his championship as well as the entire team and staff at Serco Yamaha. Michael, Peter, Andrew and Adam have all played a huge part in this and their efforts can't be underestimated."

To underpin the dominance of Styke in 2013, he has won eight out of the nine rounds contested so far this year, won 14 out of the 18 motos and took the championship with a round to spare. His worst result in any moto was a third, way back in round two at Murray Bridge.

"Congratulations to Luke and the Serco Yamaha team for their championship win in the MX2 class," states Yamaha Motorsport Manager, Ray Howard. "Gavin and his team continue to represent the Yamaha brand exceptionally well and this result also signifies the performance of the Yamaha YZ250F.

"On behalf of everyone at Yamaha, well done to Luke and Serco Yamaha and his season will long be remembered by everyone at Yamaha."

Styke can now run the bold, red number 1 plate on his Serco Yamaha at the 10th and final round of the MX Nationals this weekend at Coolum on the Sunshine Coast.

To follow Serco Yamaha on Facebook; www.facebook.com/sercoyamaha or on Instagram: @sercoyamaha

For a full list of results and more information on the MX Nationals; www.mxnationals.com.au

Round Nine Results - Toowoomba
MX2
1st Luke Styke - 70 (Serco Yamaha)
2nd Kale Makeham - 64
3rd Brock Winston - 58
4th Dylan Long - 58
5th Ryan Marmont - 49
6th Beau Ralston - 49
7th Kayne Lamont - 49
8th Rhys Carter - 45
9th Kieran Scheele - 43
10th John Prutti - 39

Championship Standings - After Round Nine
1st Luke Styke - 613 - Championship winner(Serco Yamaha)
2nd Kale Makeham - 504
3rd Brock Winston - 472
4th Ryan Marmont - 398
5th Dylan Long - 389
6th Takeshi Katsuya - 362
7th Rhys Carter - 351
8th Geran Stapleton - 349
9th Kayne Lamont - 347
10th Josh Cachia - 305
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.