Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Red Bull KTM wraps up successful US Pro MX Championship camp

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#RedBull #KTM wraps up successful US Pro MX Championship campaign

The Red Bull KTM Factory Team wrapped up a successful US Pro MX championships season at Lake Elsinore in California on Saturday with all three factory riders on the overall end-of-season podium. Ryan Dungey finished overall second in the 450-class and Ken Roczen and Marvin Musquin, the team’s two European riders finishing 2-3 in the 250 class competition.

Dungey, who has been chosen to represent the USA at the Motocross of Nations at the end of September wrapped up his campaign with a familiar 2-2 result in the final round, proving that he has been one of the most consistent riders in the competition.

Roczen of Germany, who led the 250 class standings from most of the season took a moto win in the opener but crashed in the opening lap in his second race when he clipped the wheel of Zach Osborne and dropped down to fourteenth place. He got back in the action and crossed the line in seventh place to go on and wrap up his season in second overall.

It was also a tough night for the team’s French rider Musquin who had multiple crashes in his two races to come away to wrap up with a 9-10 result for seventh overall. He nevertheless still finished third overall in the championship to complete the factory team’s hat trick of having all of their three riders on the final championship podium.

Final Round Overall Results 450 class
1. Ryan Villopoto – 1-1
2. Ryan Dungey – 2-2 (KTM)
3. Justin Barcia – 5-3
4. Jake Weimer – 8-4
5. Tyla Rattray – 7-6
6. Trey Canard – 4-10
7. Mike Alessi – 12-5
8. Brett Metcalfe – 10-8
9. Andrew Short – 12-24 (KTM)
10. Broc Tickle – 11-11

Overall Championship Point Standings –
1. Ryan Villopoto – 563
2. Ryan Dungey – 507
3. Justin Barcia – 411

Final Round Overall Results 250 class
1. Eli Tomac – 2-1
2. Ken Roczen – 1-7 (KTM)
3. Cooper Webb – 4-3
4. Jeremy Martin – 3-5
5. Zach Osborne – 5-4
6. Wil Hahn – 6-6
7. Marvin Musquin – 9-10 (KTM)
8. Justin Bogle – 8-11
9. Blake Baggett – 33-2
10. Martin Davalos – 11-9

Overall Championship Point Standings –
1. Eli Tomac – 549
2. Ken Roczen – 493
3. Marvin Musquin – 411

Dungey second overall in 450 class championship

Roczen is second overall in 250 class

Musquin wraps up his 250 class season in overall third

24/08 2013

Haneka wins at home in Brno
An ecstatic Karel Haneka raced to victory in front of his home crowd on the Czech racing circuit at Brno on Saturday in Rd. 9 of the Red Bull MotoGP Rookies cup to extend his lead in the championship.

Haneka started on pole but his position was hotly contested right to the final meters by his main rivals Manuel Pagliani of Italy and Spain’s Jorge Martin who eventually had to settle for the minor places. While the three riders went into the final corner together it was Haneka who forged ahead over the line to take the flag.

At the three quarter mark American Joe Roberts had also been a podium contender and briefly held the lead but in the end it was the top three who had put a comfortable distance between themselves and the rest of the pack. Roberts was on his own almost three seconds behind in fourth place while the next group of riders, led by Soushu Mihara of Japan were crossed the line seven and a half seconds behind the leader.

But while Haneka was the ultimate winner, he did have to work hard for it. “I didn't get a great start and had to work hard to get to the lead. I didn't feel as confident on the bike as I did in qualifying, something didn't feel quite right but you have to race with what you have. There was no way that I could break away, Jorge and Manuel were riding very well and Manuel was particularly good both on the brakes and getting out of the corners so it was a very tough race.” Haneka said he just went as hard as he could in the final stages and it paid off for him.

Hanika now has a comfortable 51 points over Martín while Pagliani has moved to third displacing Stefano Manzi who exited after an early crash with fellow Italian Enea Bastianini. Both riders escaped injury.

Perhaps the unluckiest rider was Toprak Razgatlioglu of Turkey who looked very strong in qualifying and was set to start in the second grid position. But his bike stalled on the grid and he was forced to start instead from the pits area. He was barely back out on the track when he was signaled as having a ride through penalty for exceeding the speed limit in the pits area.

While the Rookies often race twice on a MotoGP weekend, it was just a single round on the sweeping Brno Autodromo Circuit, a great favorite with most riders. They contest another two rounds at the British Silverstone circuit next weekend. There are still five races and 125 points up for grabs.

Red Bull Rookies Cup at Brno, Czech Republic – Round 9
All riders on KTM RC 250 R 4-stroke Moto3 machines
1, Karel Hanika, Czech Republic, 31:09.544
2, Manuel Pagliani, Italy, +0.169
3, Jorge Martin, Spain, +0.225
4, Joe Roberts, United States of America, +2.838
5, Soushi Mihara, Japan, +7.440
6, Scott Deroue, Netherlands, +12.133
7, Marcos Ramirez, Spain, +12.179
8, Diego Perez, Spain, +12.213
9, Bradley Ray, Great Britain, +12.234
10, Jordan Weaving, Republic of South Africa, +12.302

Red Bull Rookies Standings after Round 9
1, Hanika, 185
2, Martin, 134
3, Pagliani, 90
4, Manzi, 87
5, Bastianini, 83

Haneka tops the podium at home in Brno

Haneka celebrates with Czech flag

Top Red Bull MotoGP Rookies action on the Brno circuit

24/08 2013

Caselli Crowned 2013 AMA National Hare & Hound Champion
Factory FMF/KTM rider Kurt Caselli has wrapped up his third consecutive AMA National Hare & Hound Championship one round early at the ninth round of the series held in the Nevada desert.

This round was unique from the other Hare & Hound races as it was ran as a point-to-point race instead of the typical multi-loop race. This meant that the riders started at one point and raced to the final point at the finish while their pit crew chased them along the way for support.

Caselli took the holeshot off the start and began to stretch his lead. “My bike started up right away and I was able to get a good jump off the start,” stated Caselli. “I rode a smart race, and luckily, made no mistakes. The course was very well marked for this event which allowed me to continue to pull out front.”

Caselli pulled over a one minute lead on the second place ride of David Pearson before he crossed the checkered flag to take his third consecutive Hare & Hound Championship. The podium was an all-KTM affair with Factory FMF/KTM rider Ivan Ramirez joining Caselli and Pearson in third place.

Caselli now exits the competition to concentrate on training for his debut full season as a factory rider for the Red Bull KTM Rally Team following his successful entry in the 2013 Dakar Rally with KTM.

“So many people have helped me along the way in my career and I want to thank each of them for their contribution to my success. I can’t wait for the next step in this journey, remarked Caselli.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.