Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Podium result for Buildbase Honda and Aubin

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Podium result for #Buildbase #Honda and Aubin

1 July 2013, 17:07

The third round of the Red Bull Pro Nationals Championship took place at Culham Park in Oxfordshire this weekend, offering two action-packed days of sun-soaked motocross racing, with Buidlbase Honda’s Nico Aubin proving he’s back on form.

Despite suffering from a continuing sickness bug, Aubin treated spectators to a display of speed and talent on Saturday when he topped the time sheets in qualifying, giving him the pick of the gates for the first moto.

Aubin’s race started well and he was fast out of the gate hitting the front of the field, but a small crash meant the Buildbase Honda rider allowed his rivals through, dashing any hopes of a win. He battled hard to make up the lost places finishing fifth come the flag.

In the second moto, a three-way brawl ensued between Aubin, Milko Potisek and championship leader Kristian Whatley. Aubin found the opportunity to slip past Whatley in the early stages to take the lead. At the halfway stage, Aubin and Whatley were fighting in their own battle, but back-markers and a bad line past a slower rider on the penultimate lap gave Whatley the advantage and he overtook Aubin to take the win.

As the riders lined up for the final moto of the weekend, it was Aubin who got the holeshot off the line, gaining him a two-second advantage over his rivals. As the race unfolded, Potisek and Whatley closed in again, stealing the lead from the Buildbase Honda rider. Despite putting in a strong performance, he couldn’t close in to re-take the lead and he crossed the line in third place.

Nico Aubin
The track was good and everything went good with the bike, it was just me – I wasn’t so fit this weekend. Last week I was really, really tired and I still feel sick but I’ve managed to get as many points as I can. I didn’t win but I am on the podium and to be on the podium on a hard day is always good.

Moto One
1) Kristian Whatley, 2) Milko Potisek, 3) Brad Anderson, 4) Gert Krestinov, 5) Nico Aubin (HON)

Moto Two
1) Kristian Whatley, 2) Nico Aubin (HON), 3) Milko Potisek, 4) Gert Krestinov, 5) Shane Carless

Moto Three
1) Kristian Whatley, 2) Gert Krestinov, 3) Nico Aubin (HON), 4) Dorren Coutts, 5) Milko Potisek
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.