Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

DESALLE 2ND IN SWEDISH MX1 GP QUALIFYING

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#DESALLE 2ND IN #SWEDISH MX1 GP QUALIFYING

Team Suzuki Press Office - June 29.

Rockstar Energy Suzuki World MX1's Clement Desalle rode to a steady second position at a damp, slippery and tricky Uddevalla circuit today for the first day of action at the Grand Prix of Sweden and round 10 of 17 in the FIM Motocross World Championship.

Desalle started the meeting in good form by marking the fastest time in the pre-qualification chrono that gave him first place in the gate for the heat race in the afternoon. The heavens opened around midday and further heavy showers created a muddy and slushy surface. A decent start once more on his factory RM-Z450 for the Qualification Heat saw the Belgian shadow Steven Frossard and breakaway from the rest of the pack. Desalle was unable to force a pass on the Frenchman as he struggled slightly passing several groups of backmarkers and was also in the midst of refining his engine set-up for more traction. Second place however gives the Qatari GP winner an ideal spot for the two 35 minute and two-lap races tomorrow.

Team-mate Kevin Strijbos, refreshed after a free weekend, showed some good speed at Uddevalla but a slip on the first lap of the Qualification sprint meant a trail through from the back of the field. But some hard work in adverse conditions was rewarded with a satisfactory tenth place.

Contrary to the rain and cold experienced today, the forecast tomorrow predicts brighter conditions.

Clement Desalle:

"Really muddy conditions, so it was good I was doing some enduro last weekend! Again we could see that the start was very important. It was pretty good. I made some mistakes with the lapped riders and couldn't catch Frossard but second was OK for the gate tomorrow. I think we can work a bit more on the settings for the motos."

Kevin Strijbos:

"My reaction at the start was really good but Tony's [Cairoli] was much better and he closed the door. I was able to turn tight around the first corner, so it was OK but then I just got stuck behind people making mistakes in the mud and crashed. My speed was good because I came back through the pack quite well. It wasn't easy though because there was just one line in the mud. Tenth place is not too bad for the gate, but with the pace I had it could have been better. I'll just have to try for a better start tomorrow."

MX1 Qualification Heat Classification: 1. Steven Frossard (FRA, Yamaha), 25:52.034; 2. Clement Desalle (BEL, Rockstar Energy Suzuki World MX1), +0:03.920; 3. Ken de Dycker (BEL, KTM), +0:26.789; 4. Shaun Simpson (GBR, Yamaha), +0:28.746; 5. Antonio Cairoli (ITA, KTM), +0:30.587; 6. Jeremy van Horebeek (BEL, Kawasaki), +0:31.863; 7. Maximilian Nagl (GER, Honda), +0:33.421; 8. Evgeny Bobryshev (RUS, Honda), +0:35.722; 9. Tommy Searle (GBR, Kawasaki), +0:38.585; 10. Kevin Strijbos (BEL, Rockstar Energy Suzuki World MX1), +0:48.326.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.