Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Serco Yamaha Mid-Season Review

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Serco #Yamaha Mid-Season Review

Serco Yamaha has come out in season 2013 all guns blazing and have been the dominant team in the MX2 division so far in the MX Nationals. The pairing of Luke Styke, now an experienced and established campaigner in Australian motocross, with young fire-brand Luke Clout has been extremely successful to date and the duo continue to put their factory Yamaha supported YZ250F's at the front of the pack.

Of the five rounds contested so far, the Serco team has won all five in an impressive show of strength from the riders and team.

Luke Styke- 1st - 336 points
Rd 1 - 1st Overall (1-1) Raymond Terrace
Rd 2 - 2nd Overall (3-1) Murray Bridge
Rd 3 - 1st Overall (1-2) Wonthaggi
Rd 4 - 1st Overall (2-1) Broadford
Rd 5 - 1st Overall (2-1) Conondale

"It's been a good start to the year and the majority of races have gone according to plan. I have won a race at each round and when I haven't been able to win, I have always been in the top three which is really important for the championship.

"My goal for the last half of the year doesn't change and I am treating it like a five round series and we are all starting from zero points. If I win the next half, then I win the championship.

"The bike this year has been awesome and even against the two strokes, we have been right near the front at the start. I would like to race in Europe next year but there is still a lot of work to be done here and I'm determined to get it done."

Luke Clout - 2nd - 285 points
Rd 1 - 4th Overall (2-8) Raymond Terrace
Rd 2 - 1st Overall (1-2) Murray Bridge
Rd 3 - 2nd Overall (2-3) Wonthaggi
Rd 4 - 3rd Overall (6-3) Broadford
Rd 5 - 7th Overall (13-3) Conondale

"To have won a round and be second in the points at the halfway point is awesome and a little bit above what I expected, so I'm really happy with how things have gone. I have had the odd bad race but managed to rebound each time so that is good.

"Murray Bridge was obviously the highlight for me, while the first motos at Broadford, where I damaged a front wheel, and Conondale where I crashed a few times have been the worst.

"Each race I want to try and get closer to the front and via for race wins so my goal for the last half of the series is to win some races and get another round win and finish the championship on the podium."

Michael Marty - Team Manager
"The year so far has been great for Serco Yamaha. As a team we always want our riders to finish 1-2 in races and rounds but that reality is that it doesn't happen very often. Fortunately we have been able to do that a few times in 2013 and as a result, sit 1-2 in the championship at the halfway stage.

"Styke has picked up where he left off last year and is really determined to get the job done and nail down the championship. He is fit, focused and enjoying his racing at the moment and it's great to see his success.

"Clout has exceeded our expectations as a first year rider in the MX2 class. We knew he had good speed but being young there is always bound to be a few mistakes along the way. To his credit, he has been able to shake things off pretty quick, focus on the next race and get himself back up the front. He has done extremely well so far this year and we are confident he will continue to grow as the season wears on."

The MX Nationals resumes on July 14 at Appin Raceway, west of Sydney where the Serco Yamaha team will continue their assault on theMX2 championship.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.