Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Jamie McCanney & Husaberg – 2013 Enduro Youth 125cc World Ch

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Jamie McCanney & #Husaberg – 2013 #Enduro Youth 125cc World Champions

Jamie McCanney & Husaberg – 2013 Enduro Youth 125cc World Champions
Husaberg Factory Team rider Jamie McCanney put the finishing touches to his Enduro Youth World Championship campaign at the GP of Romania, winning a first ever EWC title aboard his TE125

With eight consecutive day wins to his credit, added to his two runner-up results at the opening round of the Enduro World Championship in Chile, Jamie McCanney became the first rider to be crowned Enduro World Champion in 2013 as he lifted the Enduro Youth 125cc title following two dominant performances at the GP of Romania.

Topping his class during the event’s Friday night Super test, Jamie then won seven of the first day’s 10 special tests to claim yet another deserved victory. In securing his seventh win of the series he also put himself in position to lift the Enduro Youth title on day two. And on day two Jamie most certainly rose to the challenge. Fastest in his class on eight of the special tests, he amassed a winning margin of close to two minutes to stand on the top step of the podium as 2013 Enduro Youth 125cc World Champion.

“It feels incredible to have won the world championship,” commented Jamie. “I’m still struggling to believe that it’s actually happened. This time last year I was recovering from a broken wrist so to now be crowned world champion is incredible.

“On day one I struggled with the rocky climb in the extreme test and it cost me a lot of time, but I really enjoyed the enduro test. Even though it was tight and twisty there was a lot of grip and it suited me. On day two I tried not to think about winning the title and instead focused on the race. It worked out well and I managed to get one of my biggest winning margins so far this year. Once I finished the final test I knew I had the championship won. To win eight races in a row has made this a perfect championship. It feels great to be crowned world champion.”

Competition in the ultra-competitive Enduro 2 class was a fierce as ever in Romania with defending E2 champion Pela Renet in the thick of the action on both days. With the event delivering the first true enduro special test for several races, Renet set about securing a podium result on day one. Second on the opening enduro test Pela remained both fast and consistent throughout the day, narrowly missing out on a runner-up result. Placing less than five seconds behind E2 class leader Alex Salvini, Renet rounded out the podium in third.

Day two saw just 17 seconds separate the top four E2 class riders, with Renet doing all he could to claim the win. Victorious on five of the day’s special tests Pela ended his GP of Romania with a sensationally fast final enduro test, and in doing so secured the runner-up result by placing less than nine seconds behind Salvini. Also in the Enduro 2 class, Spaniard Oriol Mena placed fifth and seventh over the two days of competition.

“On day one I was pushing hard for the runner-up result but lost it on the last enduro test,” explained Renet. “But I’m really happy to have finished second on day two. It was a good fight with Salvini, Aubert and Cervantes for the victory so to be pushing for the win was very satisfying. My last enduro test was very good. I had a great feeling with the bike and despite the conditions being rough it was one of my best times of the weekend. Unfortunately, it was a bit late to fight for the win but it has made me more confident about heading to next weekend’s race in Greece.”

In the Enduro 3 class Husaberg’s best result came courtesy of 2012 Enduro Junior World Champion Mathias Bellino. Second on both days the Frenchman placed just 28 seconds behind day one winner Christophe Nambotin before going on to repeat his impressive result on day two. Winning three special tests on day one it was clear that Mathias was enjoying the dry conditions and with his race fitness improving with each passing GP he was able to claim three further special test wins on day two.

“It’s been a perfect weekend for me,” admitted Bellino. “Slowly I’m coming back to my top form. This year has been difficult due to my injuries but now I’m beginning to settle into things. My objective is to take things day-by-day. I feel now that my results in Romania have shown to everyone that my runner-up result in Portugal was not a one-off. I’m excited for the year ahead and will be trying hard to finish on the podium again.”

Bellino’s E3 class team-mate Joakim Ljunggren battled his way to a sixth place result on day one having struggled to get to grips with the Romanian special tests early on day one. Finding his speed during the second half of the day, Ljunggren went on to finish agonisingly close to the podium on day two. Fast from the start of the day Joakim was locked in a battle with Estonian Aigar Leok throughout the day with the duo entering the day’s final special test just seconds apart. Frustratingly for Ljunggren the day ended with less than four seconds separating the two riders, with Joakim placing fourth.

“I didn’t enjoy this race,” confessed Joakim. “I couldn’t find a good pace on the cross test and lost a lot of time there every lap. Usually I’m quite competitive on those types of special tests but for some reason I wasn’t able to set a fast time. It pretty much ended my hopes of fighting for the podium even though I was fine on the enduro and extreme tests. On day two I improved my speed, and it helped my overall position, but I’m disappointed not to have finished on the podium this weekend. Hopefully at the GP of Greece I can do better.”

Mario Roman enjoyed a highly successful GP of Romania as the Spaniard topped the Enduro Junior class on day one, followed by a runner-up result on day two. The secret to Mario’s winning result on day one was consistency and a mistake free day’s racing. With many of his class rivals faltering on the extreme test, Mario put his trials riding skills to good use and claimed two extreme and two enduro test wins to end the day ahead of EJ championship leader Matt Phillips.

Knowing that winning again on day two would be difficult Mario put up a spirited fight, claiming the runner-up position and picking up another four special test wins along the way. Just 22 seconds behind eventual winner Phillips, Mario placed ahead of team-mate Loic Larrieu who rounded out the podium in third.

“It’s been a fantastic weekend for me. Day one started very well and I think that was the key to winning,” explained Mario. “I did a good enduro test and avoided making any mistakes on the extreme test. The tracks were more like enduro and I was able to use my trials skills to my advantage on the enduro and extreme tests. On day two I was fastest on the enduro test but lost some time to Phillips in the cross test. Every lap I gained some time but then he would pull it back. All day it was a tight fight. Overall it’s been a brilliant race for me and it has helped me to improve my position in the championship.”

In the Enduro Women’s class Jane Daniels endured mixed fortunes. Starting the event as leader of the EW World Championship a fall soon after the start of the Friday night Super Test saw her lose valuable time and start the first full day of competition with serious work to do. Frustratingly her fortunes didn't improve. Crashing on numerous occasions Jane ended day one fifth. On day two things did improve for the Brit as she returned to the podium with a third place result.

“I just made too many silly mistakes on day one to challenge for a podium result. I crashed more times than I can remember. Day two was a lot better. I rode more consistently and was able to finish third. I’m pleased to have turned my weekend around with a podium result.”

For Husaberg’s Enduro 1 class rider Thomas Oldrati the GP of Romania came to an abrupt and painful end on day one. Completing just four of the day’s 10 special tests, Thomas crashed during one of the time controls and dislocated his shoulder. Forced to withdraw from the event Thomas took no further part in the race.

Results – Enduro World Championship, GP of Romania

Day One

Enduro 2

1. Johnny Aubert (KTM) 56:15.34; 2. Alex Salvini (Honda) 56:37.66; 3. Pela Renet (Husaberg) 56:42.55; 4. Ivan Cervantes (KTM) 57:31.20; 5. Oriol Mena (Husaberg) 57:39.34… 11. Jaume Betriu (Husaberg) 58:37.15…

Enduro 3

1. Christophe Nambotin (KTM) 56:14.91; 2. Mathias Bellino (Husaberg) 56:43.65; 3. Aigar Leok (TM) 57:10.50; 4. Fabien Planet (Sherco) 57:20.85; 5. Luis Correia (Beta) 57:27.03; 6. Joakim Ljunggren (Husaberg) 57:39.55… 10. Christophe Robert (Husaberg)59:47.45

Enduro Junior

1. Mario Roman (Husaberg) 57:16.76; 2. Matt Phillips (Husqvarna) 58:17.66; 3. Danny McCanney (Gas Gas) 58:21.22; 4. Robert Kvarnstrom (Beta) 58:31.13; 5. Giacomo Redondi (KTM) 59:05.43… 7. Loic Larrieu (Husaberg) 59:34.35… 10. Johan Edlund (Husaberg) 1:01:08.78… 12. Wade Young (Husaberg) 1:01:54.37; 13. Martin Larsson (Husaberg) 1:02:25.42…

Enduro Youth Cup

1. Jamie McCanney (Husaberg) 59:31.72; 2. Albin Elowson (Husaberg) 59:56.01; 3. Benjamin Herrera (TM) 1:00:42.66; 4. Jesper Borjesson (Husaberg) 1:01:48.55; 5. Mika Barnes (KTM) 1:02:00.48; 6. Michele Marchelli (Husaberg) 1:02:38.40… 9. Nicholas Trainini (Husaberg) 1:03:14.78…

Women’s Cup

1. Laia Sanz (Honda) 57:25.84; 2. Jessica Gardiner (Sherco) 1:02:49.28; 3. Juliette Berrez (Yamaha) 1:03:59.51; 4. Jemma Wilson (Honda) 1:04:16.09; 5. Jane Daniels (Husaberg) 1:05:31.09; 6. Geraldine Fournel (Husaberg) 1:05:47.89…

Day Two

Enduro 2

1. Alex Salvini (Honda) 53:21.41; 2. Pela Renet (Husaberg) 53:29.95; 3. Johnny Aubert 53:34.75; 4. Ivan Cervantes (KTM) 53:38.30; 5. Lorenzo Santolino (Husqvarna) 54:45.21; 6. Victor Guerrero (KTM) 54:54.58; 7. Oriol Mena (Husaberg) 55:03.71; 8. Jaume Betriu (Husaberg) 55:48.04…

Enduro 3

1. Christophe Nambotin (KTM) 52:45.57; 2. Mathias Bellino (Husaberg) 54:00.85; 3. Aigar Leok (TM) 54:37.35; 4. Joakim Ljunggren (Husaberg) 54:40.95; 5. Deny Philippaerts (Beta) 54:54.76… 11. Christophe Robert (Husaberg) 58:21.44…

Enduro Junior

1. Matt Phillips (Husqvarna) 54:32.52; 2. Mario Roman (Husaberg) 54:55.41; 3. Loic Larrieu (Husaberg) 55:30.07; 4. Giacomo Redondi (KTM) 55:36.77; 5. Danny McCanney (Gas Gas) 55:39.59… 8. Johan Edlund (Husaberg) 57:20.59… 11. Martin Larsson (Husaberg) 58:37.22… 13. Wade Young (Husaberg) 59:17.55…

Enduro Youth Cup

1. Jamie McCanney (Husaberg) 55:49.18; 2. Albin Elowson (Husaberg) 57:38.29; 3. Benjamin Herrera (TM) 58:50.76; 4. Jesper Borjesson (Husaberg) 59:06.61; 5. Dawid Ciucci (KTM) 59:53.49; 6. Michele Marchelli (Husaberg) 59:56.08… 11. Nicholas Trainini (Husaberg) 1:01:30.05…

Women’s Cup

1. Laia Sanz (Honda) 53:11.79; 2. Jessica Gardiner (Sherco) 59:21.60; 3. Jane Daniels (Husaberg) 1:00:10.45; 4. Jemma Wilson (Honda) 1:01:35.95; 5. Audrey Rossat (KTM) 1:04:27.64; 6. Geraldine Fournel (Husaberg) 1:09:38.24…

Championship Standings (After Round 5)

Enduro 1

1. Antoine Meo (KTM) 191; 2. Juha Salminen (Husqvarna) 150; 3. Matti Seistola (Husqvarna) 141; 8. Thomas Oldrati (Husaberg) 85

Enduro 2

1. Alex Salvini (Honda) 186; 2. Ivan Cervantes (KTM) 160; 3. Pela Renet (Husaberg) 153; 6. Oriol Mena (Husaberg) 98

Enduro 3

1. Christophe Nambotin (KTM) 190; 2. Aigar Leok (TM) 145; 3. Joakim Ljunggren (Husaberg) 139; 7. Mathias Bellino (Husaberg) 81

Enduro Junior

1. Matt Phillips (Husqvarna) 180; 2. Giacomo Redondi (KTM) 152; 3. Mario Roman (Husaberg) 128; 5. Loic Larrieu (Husaberg) 99; 10. Johan Edlund (Husaberg) 52

Enduro Youth 125cc

1. Jamie McCanney (Husaberg) 194; 2. Albin Elowson (Husaberg) 144; 3. Benjamin Herrera (TM) 123; 5. Jesper Borjesson (Husaberg) 94; 6. Matteo Bresolin (Husaberg) 82; 8. Nicolas Trainini (Husaberg) 67

Enduro Women

1. Laia Sanz (Honda) 100; 2. Jess Gardiner (Sherco) 94; 3. Jane Daniels (Husaberg) 88; 7. Geraldine Fournel (Husaberg) 55
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.